Chapter 32- Emperors

Start from the beginning

The technologies that the Philippines did share were mainly conveniences and practicality that fundamentally raised the quality of life in the New Icya Republic.

Flat-screen tv and state-funded news agencies.

Air conditioners, refrigerators, modern furniture, and residential homes.

Smartphones feature only contacts, messaging, and simple day-to-day applications like the calculator, weather, and maps.

Education institutions, infrastructures, piers, and government offices.

Abundant access to clean drinking water, the ability to light up the night as bright as noon, and other applications of electrical power, hand-operated propane gas tanks that could produce fire and heated water on-demand... common life had improved by leaps and bounds across the Central Capital and five provincial islands. (Ducal Islands)

And as for security reasons and memorandums signed by the two countries, the New Icya government controls all businesses and trades both local and international.

Well...

Safe to say, middle-class life back then in the 2010s.

It hadn't even been a year yet, and these modern lifestyles already become commonplace, but the head of President Icya's economic team was said to have seen the samples and been stunned to the point of madness. He was hysterical at the thought of these preposterous developments that were once their beautiful dreams.

"The technology from the Philippines is so wonderful! Has the power to obliterate a mountain and demon clans... they're clearly above the nations we know! We might even have the best living standards next to them!"

However, speaking with his secretary, Vice President Enam was more measured regarding the impact that this country would have on their future.

By the way, he is the captain of the warriors who help Luna from the King's assassination and was forced promoted to the position due to his unwavering contributions and popularity.

"Thankfully... It was truly a relief to find out that they are peace lovers. Even though they have a law prohibiting the use of a standing military force for invasions and only maintain at most for national defense, going against them with their level of advanced technology sounds truly frightening. I wonder how they make those invisible suits as if they hardened themselves with mana"

"I agree. However, it's still a bit depressing that they are unwilling to export quantech weaponry to us. If we had those, we could better mitigate the threat of demons' retaliation."

"We must thank her excellency Princess Icya. She and Foreign Affairs Minister pleaded with a mutual defense treaty proposal and the Philippines approved it!"

"Yeah, I agree Vice-President because of that, we are obligated to..."

"The war against two empires huh? Sol Messa Empire and Feranda Empire. Frankly, we're merely a burden for them and offer little to no assistance. Swords can't reach nowhere in the oceans after all moreover we only have at least dozens of mages to boot."

With that regretful thought, Enam looked out on the sun at its peak. Reminding himself, that a pen is mightier than a sword... he started to work on the resolutions to be ratified later with a pen in hand.

"Vice President, why not confess your honest feelings to their empress? Shameless you even called yourself a man"

Enam stopped when he heard those words and replied in a serious tone.

"You better clean your neck later"

---

Just five nautical miles before meeting the Philippines, one grandiose huge ship was leading the imperials fleets. Just like most ships have, everything was encased in a translucent spherical barrier that serves as a defense.