CHAPTER 21

Mikaella

"What are we doing here, Jeonghan?"

I asked him in full awe looking at the view in front of me. We are now at the top of a hill, as the sun was about to set. Though the sun can't obviously be seen because of the clouds, the pastel colors of the sky were still visible in our eyes.

A minute had passed and I didn't hear any answer from him.

"There's really something about Jeju that gives me peace." I heard him say as I moved to his side. "These past days was quite tiring. It was exhausting to be exact. I love my life now but, sometimes I came to think why I chose this path rather than learning about my family's business." He chuckled looking at the sky. "Its really funny to think how we chose the things that makes us happy even if sometimes, it hurts us in the process."

His words made me stop. Or maybe it hit me.

"I think if you really love something, you will do you everything for it. No matter how many times you got hurt or no matter how painful it is." I slowly uttered. "The pain and consequences from your own decisions are inevitable but being miserable for choosing your own happiness is a choice."

I saw how he smiled as he glance at me before he looked back at the sky.

"Were you happy Elle?" He suddenly asked. "With all your decisions?"

I was taken aback. What does he mean by that? Is this something about our marriage? Is it about my decision of taking this job? Or what?

"Are you happy that you chose being a future painter rather than doing what your parents wanted you to?" He added.

Well it was a huge relief. I was literally nervous hearing his first questions for goodness sake.

I cleared my throat. "I do. I am happy with what I chose. But, just like what I said, it wasn't easy. You know how my parents were against it. I never felt that I had a family as soon I entered college." I sighed. "Glad your mom was there. She filled those mother duties that I supposed to be felt from my own mom."

We both fell in silence.

Out of a sudden, I felt the little rain drops on my skin. I looked up in the sky and saw that the clouds got darker.

A slight poke from Jeonghan made me look back at him.

He smiled.

"Lets stay here for a bit." He said.

"But its gonna rain."

"I want to stay under the rain."

"Han! We need to go home now! Its raining already. Our parents will get mad if we won't go back now!" I shouted at him.

"No! Dad hated me. He don't want me to go back to Seoul." He cried. "I want to pursue my dream, Elly. But, they won't let me. I don't want to go home anymore."

"We need to go home, Han. If you do this, nothing will change. This will only make things worse. Come on! I will help you, I'll persuade your parents. I promise!" I assured without any idea if I could really do it.

"Really?"

I nodded. "I'm your mom's favorite. She will surely listen to me."

He giggled. "Thank you. Even if its impossible, you made me feel better Elly." He suddenly held my hand and said. "But please, I'm begging you. Let's stay her for a bit."

"But its raining."

"I want to stay under the rain."

A memory crossed on my mind as I heard his last words. That was the last time we spent together as close friends. After that day, both our families announced our marriage.

He began to hate me. He began to treat me like I was stranger. He believed that I planned everything. He believed that it was my fault. A day wouldn't even pass that he won't tell me how much he hates the idea of us being married.

He suddenly changed.

The Jeonghan I once knew vanished. He became the person I wished I never met.

"Does it make you feel better?" I asked.

"What? The rain?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

"Yes it does, always." He replied. "The rain makes me calm. It keeps all my pain away."

Some things about him didn't change. His habits, it stayed the same. Those mere things that I simply remembered about him. Its the things that made me fall for him.

He was smiling, eyes closed. Feeling the raindrops falling on his beautiful face. A sight that will live in my mind forever. A sight that only I can see.

If only words wouldn't cost a person's actions towards you. I would've told him my feelings a long time ago. Maybe all this thorns inside me were far gone. Maybe it wouldn't be as hard as it is now.

"Are you okay Elly?"

I blinked my eyes multiple times. Silenced. My gaze dropped at him.

"Are you okay?" I heard him asked me once again. "Is there something wrong?"

I shook my head. "No. Uhm, nothing."

I hardly answered.

"Might as well get back so both of us can rest. I think we've been staying under the rain far too long." He walked back at the car, opening the door for me. "Let's get inside."

Words left my mouth and I just simply followed him. After a minute, he opened the driver's seat and started the engine.

It seemed as if nothing happened. We drove off and went back to the hotel without any words. He didn't bother to thank me nor bid me goodnight. The day simply ended with nothing, well except for the kiss.

The kiss that still bothered me. And the jealousy and action which also confused me.

Oh God! The things that Jeonghan does. They keep me insane.

**********************************
UNEDITED.

And I'm back!

It's me, hi! I'm the problem it's me.😉

Just want to tell you that I'm alive. LOL😁

~xoxo