CHAPTER 15

Mikaella

Steffi and I are now at the bench sitting right in front of each other. It literally took me an hour to explain and make her believe that what happened yesterday was far from what she thought. She even forced me to call Jeohee and asked her the same questions just make sure that I told her everything. And now, she's still staring at me like I did something wrong.

"I didn't even knew you were almost kidnapped Ella. We're best friends, why didn't you told me anything?" A hint of disappointment was evident on her voice.

"I'm sorry." I looked at her apologetically. "That night was very shocking to me and I didn't want to bother your vacation, so I decided not to call you. I also left my stuff at that guy's car so I couldn't tell you what happened to me."

Steffi heaved a deep sigh. "I hate you and I hate to think that you were alone that night. What if something bad happened? What if you got---"

"But I didn't. I'm fine." I smiled, cutting off her words. "Well, thanks to Wonwoo though. I got home safely."

"I was always rooting your husband for you but after knowing what he did, I think I had a change of heart." She spoke as she threw a displeasing look. "I slowly started to think what could've happened if Wonwoo didn't help you."

Right. I just thought about it. What if he didn't help me that night? 

I know I was so hurt by how Jeonghan blamed me for what happened to me and his sister but, I guess it was a blessing in disguise. At least I found someone who had a good heart. Wonwoo was so kind for helping a stranger like me. 

Now I couldn't help but think again, what could've happen if he didn't help me? And, what if he didn't came at my place yesterday? 

"Don't you think its nice that you'll thank him for like, everything?" I looked at Steffi as she asked. 

I mean I am not ready to face him. But after having this conversation, I realized that I should at least talk to him. He has done something for me and was there at the time when I needed someone's help. He didn't even hesitated and willingly did those things for me even if we're not that close. I was a stranger whom he just met backstage, yet, he was so kind to me. 

"I just realized that I still had his phone." I replied out of context.  "Its in my apartment and I was planning to return it to him sooner. Maybe its my chance to thank him for what he did yesterday. What do you think?"

Steffi bustled on her seat. "That's it? You'll just return his phone then say thank you?  Nothing else?" I nodded. "El, that's not enough. You should at least make something for him."

The look on her face gave me a sigh. "How about you cook for him?" She suggested. "You're good at it. You can make something for him to show how thankful you are."

"I could do that." I replied. "But, I'm not ready. I don't know how to face him after everything that happened yesterday."

"Its not like you kissed him." She sarcastically uttered. "There's nothing to be embarrass about."

I know. But still, I have no courage to face him. Yet. 

I heard her sigh. "Stop overthinking El. You'll just do it to show some gratitude. You don't want that guy to think that you're not thankful for him, aren't you?"

"I still feel so embarrassed. I'm not ready to face him---"

"Oh come on! Stop with all those nonsense." Steffi cut me off. "Lets go back to your place and cook something for him." 

"What?!" I asked her in confusion. "But we still have our last class Steffi."

She stood up and chuckled. "You're really mentally bothered today, aren't you? The school just announced that the faculty and staff will have their urgent meeting. We don't have a class anymore."