Chapter 9: The Duchess of Death

Start from the beginning

The man still had the gun pointed to my head with his finger on the small trigger. Instead of shooting me in the head like I honestly thought he would have, he shot me in my right shoulder. I got to admit it stung but I wasn't in pain. My 11-year-old self-stood straight up and rotated my arm in a circle, to stretch it out. Peter stood next to me and gawked at me with his mouth wide open. I pushed his jaw up with my right hand and tucked a small piece of hair behind his ear, so as to let him know I was okay. I don't know why but he reminded me of my mother, sweet and kind. I had to protect him; I owe him my life for taking us off the streets.

Mya: "Okay, now you pissed me off." I stared into his soul, visibly scaring them man since I was still a small frail girl that 'can't fight'. At least that what he thought. Peter knew I trained out back with Jay, under the moonlight from the giant whole in the celling of the underground city. He watched from the window, not knowing that the three of us knew what he was doing. I guess he looked at us as though we were his late-children. He had a daughter and 2 sons that were killed by a rebel mafia to his own. His wife was killed 7 years before that. I'm guessing that he had kids later in life because he said that he was 70 when they died, making him 55 when his oldest child, his daughter, was born. He sons came a year after his daughter. Their names were Samantha, Zenith and Toby.

I leaned forward hitting the outer part of the man's wrist causing the gun to fly out of his and into mine that was right across from his. I pointed the gun at the man's head, then sharply turned and shot 2 of the men by the door, while Jay leaped onto the last surviving man, near the door. I crawled over the counter and wrapped my thick legs around the 5'9 male's neck. Causing him to fall to the hard wooden ground. Jay pounded the shorter man into the ground knocking him unconscious before walking over the Peter who was now on the floor behind the counter, and attempting to take him upstairs. I however, was pummeling the grown man into the floor, before letting him go. He rolled over onto his side and coughed up a hand full of blood. His lips were bleeding, his nose had to have been broken int 6 different places and his eye was blood shot.

? : "Damn, bitch you may be small but you hid hard. To bad, I hit harder." He stood up and swung his fist at my left I but I ducked under his right arm before he could hit me. Grabbing him by his shoulder, I through him onto the floor, with a loud bang. Thus, sending cans flying off the shelves. I got back on top of the man with my legs straddling his chest as I held him throat with my left and punched his nose with my right. He screamed in pain every time I hit his broken nose. After 30 seconds more he passed out from the pain, but I didn't stop hitting him. His partner had begun to wake up slowly, groaning as he did. I had hit the man I sat on so hard that his head looked like I had been run over by a truck. I stopped hitting the man beneath me as I realized his friend was awake. "Welcome back to the party", I said as I stood up, his friends bright-red blood dripping from my hand. I walked over to the man my brother had beaten up, noticing that Jay was still trying to get the stubborn old man upstairs. I didn't care if he saw or not, he's probably seen worse, so I knelt down behind the living thief's head. I picked him up by his shoulders and laid him on my chest, tightly wrapping my arms around his neck, chocking him.

Mya: "Do svidaniya, vorovka." (Goodbye, thief. In German) I said whispering into the man's ear as he tried to fight me and throw me off him. I was too strong for him to throw me off so easily. 2 Minuets after he had gone limp, I let go, making sure the bastard was dead before I walked over to Peter.

Mya: "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, thank you. For protecting me and the other people. I highly doubt that I could have done that myself." He chuckled, handling this surprisingly well. I was just relived that he wasn't going to calm me a monster.

Grandpa Peter: "You're not a monster. I won't call you that because you did what you had to, to protect the ones you love. I've killed too, ya 'know. Being a man of the mafia, deals whit a lot of killing." He smiled, always knowing how to get into my head to know what I was thinking. Sometimes I had to tell him to stop because I was starting to get creepy.