Chapter 4

Y/n fought everyday with all of her strength. She couldn't let down her soldiers even if they were tragically losing. She didn't want to lose hope, she wanted to seem strong and guide her people to victory.

However, everything was going differently from her plan. That day she badly injured her ankle while falling from her horse, and she wasn't able to walk properly anymore. As a matter of fact she just rested inside her tent and stopped assisting her soldiers in the battle for the rest of the day.

She was shedding some tears as she thougt about everything she was going through. How could she be so reckless to lower her guard and fall from the horse? Now her soldiers were out there fighting alone with zero guidance. She hated this feeling of impotence, but more than that she hated herself for stepping so low.

Dun dun dun

Y/n's fluss of thoughts was suddenly interrupted by a knocking sound out of her tent. She was immediately scared that one of her fighters would find out her real identity. However, soon after Y/n heard a small voice speaking

"It's me y/n, no need to be scared"

She recognized Taehyun's voice as soon as she heard it, and she was relieved it was him.

"Umh come in... I guess?" She said feeling very embarassed

As soon as he got her consent, he came inside the tent looking at y/n's poor state.

"What happened to you? You didn't come to our usual spot so I thought that something was wrong"

"Are you perhaps worried about me Kang?" She answered smirking jokingly at him

"That's not what I said. Just wanted to make sure that you still respect our pact" he said with a stern voice.

Well, guess he doesn't like light jokes at the end of the day. She sighed and started telling him how she got hurt.

"And that's what happens when you go out of your league"

That hurt

She showed him a little bit of her vulnerability and he...

She shouldn't care about his opinion and all the things he says about her, but this one started something in her and she couldn't control what she was going to say.

"Well sorry if I'm sacrificing my life trying to save my country. I'm sorry if my dad is almost dying and there's no other way this could have been done. I'm sorry thay your stupid egotistical father decided to attack us and ruin our peace. I'm sorry that I'm not at your level and I will never be, your highness!"

Y/n touched her cheeks and hot tears were streaming again as she finished saying all those hateful thing. She turned her head the other way not wanting to hear a thing from him. She didn't want him to see her so miserable too.

However he stayed silent, he didn't utter a word and this made y/n feel as if she was going to throw up any seconds.

After what felt like eternity he finally collected his words and started speaking

"What makes you believe that I think so low of you? I have never treated you that way, I guess that's what you've been thinking all along. Good to know, now I need to go"

Y/n couldn't even stretch out her arm to block him as he was already out of the tent.

That hurt even worse than her injured ankle.

Author's note
Hellooo!!! As I promised I'm continuing this story and from now on real feels will be getting involved. I hope you all can al least leave a like or comment to cheer me on and to give me the will to actually finish it. I feel like no one's reading this story :((((
If you're reading please show me your support🤍🤍

See you again