Zoey x Reader (Death Toll: Part 2)

You coughed a little, surprised at the fact you were still alive. "Zoey.."

She rubbed your back, "Relax, you went through a lot.."

"Zoey please.." You grabbed her hand gently, "I get you're trying to be nice..but...I really don't wanna be apart of a group.. let alone a group that..well.." You sighed, "when I was down, I saw Francis.." You spoke quietly

She wanted to respond but she let you speak.

"He..he saw me and turned his back on me..I tried.. trust me..I tried to stay.. but I don't think being in a group works out for me." You grabbed her hand gently.

She tried to convince you to say, "Y/n, you could be killed out there if you're by yourself..I don't want that to happen.." She had a worried look in her eyes.

"Zoey.." You hesitantly squeezed her hand and put her hand on her own lap.

Zoey sighed, "Well.. I-I can't stop you, can I?" She looked at your condition, "You're hurt..can..can you stay for now? Until you're in a better physical state?"

You hesitantly nodded, you'd stay until you were better.

———————

Zoey sighed, sitting on the tiny roof of the church by the ladders.

Louis raised an eyebrow, "what's got you down, Zo?"

She looked up at him, "Y/n wants to leave," She looked down, "Tell me something, Louis-"

He nodded, "Anything for miss Zoey"

"Why doesn't Francis and Bill like them?"

He sat next to her, "I wish I knew kid," He shrugged, "I think they're just not looking to take care of a 5th person.."

She looked up at him, "And you?"

He shrugged, "I don't have a problem with them, I mean yeah, another person to watch out for is annoying but it's another person watching my back." He hopped up.

She nodded and smiled, "Thanks Louis.."

He pretended to tip a fedora, "Of course, Zoey" He walked back inside the church and started getting ready to head out in the morning.

Zoey stayed there and thought to herself for a while.

——————

You got up, trying to shake the pain off. You looked over and saw Zoey sitting on the roof outside. You walked over to her. "Hey," You limped a little but you got out there and sat next to her.

"Hey.." She spoke quietly

You pulled out a cigarette and lit it, "Getting sick of the apocalypse already?"

She nodded, "Like you wouldn't even know. Can I see that?"

You handed her the lit cigarette.

She took a huff of it and sat there quietly for a while, "Y/n..?"

You stared at the town full of infected, "hm?"