Ellis X Reader (Dead Center: Part 1)

TW-Swearing
—————

"I though they were supposed to be saving our asses!"

"...Looks like theres been a change of plans"

"Awh! Damn Whirlybird up n left on us!!" A redneck boy shouted up at the sky, he rubbed his neck and groaned. "What're we gonna do??"

"Well first of all, you can stop calling it a 'whirlybird' before I shove my foot up your ass" A guy with a white suit, clearly an asshole, said loudly.

"Hey! Hey! We can't fight now! We don't have time for this!! We need to get the hell out of here!!" You exclaimed.

"What are we gonna do? The whirlybird left and we cant just up n fly out of here!"

The white suited man rolled his eyes, clearly annoyed at his choice of words.

You sighed and grabbed an axe with a slight smirk, a nice choice of weapon. "For starters, we have to get off this roof." You grabbed a health kit and looked around at everyone.

"Anything could be down there, we better get ready" A big man in a purple shirt groaned out.

The redneck boy looked around, "Anybody got any ideas?"

A girl in a pink shirt stepped in, "I saw that theres an evac station down at the mall"

"I know that mall, I can lead the way" He tipped his hat a bit. He opened the door and you could feel the heat of the building hit your face.

As everyone made their way through the burning building, they picked up everything they could find on their way down the floors while killing every zombie in the way.

"Hey! This elevator is still kicking!" The redneck called out and ran in. As everyone followed, you shut the elevator doors and everyone took a sigh of relief.

"They fuckin left us here!" The man took off his hat and ran his fingers through his hair, wet from his sweat. He sighed, "What's all of your names? I don't think we'll be splitin up anytime soon."

"I'm Nick," the man in the white suit stepped up first, "but It doesnt really matter, I wont be here long"

"I'm coach," the big man said loudly, "lets stick together for a little bit longer, okay, Nick?" He looked over at the girl in the hot pink shirt. "You are?"

"Rochelle," she sighed a little, "its nice to meet you all."

"Nice to meet you guys too, I'm Ellis," He shook his wet hair like a dog and put his hat back on. He looked over at you with a slight smile.

You smiled back at him slightly, "Y/N, Nice to meet you all, So- you guys come here often?" You winked and giggled.

"Oh yeah, because joking during the zombie apocalypse, because thats what we need right now." Nick groaned, "lets get to the m-"

The elevator shook slightly and the light turned off.
"I have a feeling that they ain't gonna be too happy when we open these doors." Ellis pryed the doors open "Get ready!" He called out.

You held up your axe and smirked, ready to swing at anything that came your way. You looked over at Ellis, you smiled softly, and he looked over and returned the smile, ripping on his chainsaw and he ran out there without a hesitation.

His confidence inspired you in a new way you didn't know was possible.

—————

You had reached a safe house a bit ago and now you were waiting to go out, another round of zombie killing it is! You opened the door and took a deep breath as you made your way outside, slashing zombies left and right, Your arms feeling a little tired, not far from the safe room, Ellis grabbed your shoulder gently.

"Don't you want a gun? You're gonna start feeling sloppy real quick. Trust me, I would know"

"No..thanks!" You said, mid-slash. You've never touched a gun, you never wanted to.

"Y'know how to use one?" Ellis asked.

You looked up at him then quickly looked down.

Nick snickered, "You don't know how to use a gun!? Hah!"

Coach elbowed him in the stomach with the butt of his gun.

"AUgh-Okay okay.."Nick held his stomach as he rolled his eyes, "doesn't know how to use a gun.."

Ellis' eyes widened slightly, "Hey," he spoke quietly and quickly walked over to you, "don't worry about it, I'll teach you okay?" He smiled slightly. Glancing back at Nick, he narrowed his eyes towards him but he sighed and looked back at you, continuing his slight smile.

"Wh-Wha- no no- that's not necessary" You gulped nervously.

He shook his head, "It's no trouble, I promise, you need to know how to shoot a zombie and I love shootin!" He smiled slightly "I'd love to help ya out!"

You slightly smiled and looked up at him, "Thanks, Ellis.."

He returned your smile with a goofy chuckle, "But first, lets kick some zombie ass!" He ripped the chainsaw and started it back up, ripping through zombies like they were a piece of paper.