Nick X Reader (Hard Rain: Part 1)

"You didn't bring the guns!?" You yelled out

"Since when did I become gun monitor??" Nick groaned out.

You sighed and placed your hand on your face

"Wanna hear a prediction?"

"No!" Ellis and Coached exclaimed at the same time.

"There's not gonna be any gas, watch." Nick chuckled.

"If you jinx us, so help me, Nick" you crossed your arms and walked in through the back of the burger tank, and gasped when you saw ammo and guns, you turned back towards Nick, "you're lucky."

He shook his head and sighed, going inside and taking his choice of gun. "Best damn burger tank I've ever been too.." He smirked as he loaded up his gun.

You looked up at him and smiled, your exact thoughts. You grabbed a Molotov and looked at the bottle and smiled a little, the pyromaniac inside you was happy, but your smile quickly faded, "wait...how are we gonna signal Virgil without the flare!?"  You looked at Nick

"Don't look at me! No one told me to grab the guns!!" He rolled his eyes

Coach sighed, "Alright Alright, the gas station is just across the street, we could've been back already if you guys would be quiet."

You crossed your arms and looked across the street, reading the 'Next gas, 2 miles' sign, "I don't think so coach.."

Coach sighed and read the sign

"Told you" Nick smirked.

——————

Everyone went through the town, looking for supplies, even through a little playground, past a garage sale, As everyone went into the safe house, thunder could be heard, and they all heard it start to sprinkle outside.
"Y'all better be ready for a storm, especially since we're by the water" Ellis sighed.

You sighed softly

Ellis looked over at you and pat your back slightly, "Hey, we made it through fire, a swamp, Shit! We made it through a carnival!" He giggled softly.

You smiled softly "Thank you, Ellis" you have him a friendly kiss on the cheek.

He smiled softly and touched his cheek while blushing.

You saw Nick out the corner of his eye, something was..off- he looked angry, not his usual upset, more like hatred. You could see his intentions in his eyes. He didn't plan on fighting the trouble like everyone else, he was gonna be the trouble.

You sighed and lifted up the bar on the door then kicked it open, you needed that gas.

——————

"I've never seen so many witches in my life!" Ellis whisper-yelled

"Shh! You trying to get us all killed?!?" Nick socked him in the arm

You raised your eyebrow slightly, Ellis was pretty much your best friend in this shit hole, he's helped you through thick and thin, yeah the others have been too, but Ellis was special.

Nick rolled his eyes slightly, "why are you so in love with Ellis"

"I love Ellis, he's my best friend, I'm not in love with him." You could see Ellis hurt inside a little, but he was strong, he could get through it. You knew that.

Nick smirked a little, he was pleased with what you said.

You slowly but surly figured it out, he was jealous. You mentally cursed yourself for not figuring it out before, he had done things like that before but it wasn't as obvious, he just seemed like himself. But you couldn't help but realize..that you felt the same way when everyone was nice to Nick. You had to think this over.

——————

As everyone stepped into the elevator, You hit the button and it started descending to the field below.
You looked over at Nick and started to get lost in your thoughts. Do you really like Nick or is it just the danger from the apocalypse rubbing off on you? No, He's an asshole! But he has a certain charming aspect to him...

"Ya done staring off into space or are you gonna get off the elevator?" Nick waved his hand in front of you.

You shook your head a little, shaking the thoughts from your mind, all you could do was nod and continue through the field and to the gas station, once every zombie was cleared inside and out, everyone made it to the safe house and got a gas can.

"What are we gonna do when we get back!? We don't have any flares"

You looked at him "you're worried about when we get back? We might not even make it back!" You pointed to the storm brewing outside.

"Yeah, how are we gonna get through the storms?"

You looked out the window of the door, "This storm isn't going anywhere either, we can't just wait it out.."

"Let's just stick together, that's the best we can do. Stray away from witches. That's the best we can do about them. If we are to split up, we go in pairs of two, and we do not split up when the storm picks up." Coach planned out

"Keep your lights on unless you hear or see a witch. It's gonna be dark" Ellis suggested, Everything in his voice seemed to drop in confidence, he didn't sound like himself and you blamed yourself for it.

"Let's do this!" You shouted out, trying to be the confidence that Ellis couldn't be at the moment. You knew you had to speak with him about this.

"Try not to get killed everyone" Nick smirked slightly. Something with him was off, you couldn't all fall out now, not when you're so close to getting out of this all.

You didn't wanna let your overthinking get the best of you, you had to focus. You opened the door and took a deep breath.