They don't know about us

Georgie

I remember moving about when I was young, standing on top of a building looking over sand dunes, was not quite where I imagined my life, to be. 

Holding a weapon, protecting the special forces. Without Elvis here, life was a different world, Emma back in Manchester, shook me, it had always been about her. I can't understand what was so special, like she was carrying some secret of his? 

I sigh and hold my breath at the sound of a fire arm, in the distance, I saw what happened while Emma, was at University, yet he still ran back home to Manchester. I shake my head, thinking of what lead, him to do these strange thing's, he almost died on that mission did Emma know? Was that there secret? 

"Georgie, you seem distracted," I fling the gun upwards around, to the voice. Charlie ducks, "Don't aim at one of your colleagues, who taught you at the barracks," 

"Stay Focused, Stay Alert, Stay Alive, sir." Charlie rolls his eyes at me. "Weapon down, Lane," He look's out across the buildings and wind swept tunnels. "She's been revived," Charlie explains. "You'll need to be in the truck with her, on your way back," 

"What about, Monk?" Charlie looks back at me. "He need's a psychologist, with that torture,"    He say's. I sigh looking up at the sky, "What's been going on with you?" I shake my head. "It's nothing Charlie, just home." I say. "I want you to be certain with me," He narrows his eyes at me. 

"I'm fine Captain, it's just Elvis and Emma," "I know my friend, can be not a great boyfriend," Charlie tells me. "But it's his choice, where he travels and anywhere from here, is better for Elvis," "Do you really believe that?" "Yeah I do," Charlie say's. I move back over to near the wall, "This place, will we ever leave it Charlie?" I ask him. 

"We'll die when, the war keeps going," He say's. "They're alive Georgie," He say's. "They're coming home," I sigh, looking across the rolling hills as a helicopter, hovers over the top, coming towards us, our medical helicopter. "Send Elvis a message," I say to Georgie. "Let them know Maisie and Monk, are off to hospital." Charlie nod's retrieving his phone. 

Elvis

I pull my phone out after Claire's just had a shower, I look down and see a message from Charlie. "Maisie and Monk have been found, there off to hospital." Claire almost drops her towel, but salvages it before, jumping onto me. "Thank god," She say's. 

"Maisie is ok, bruises here and there beaten and expected, Monk is the worst though, he was out cold and trauma is bad," "He protected her," Claire say's, looking at me. "By the sound's of thing's," He nods. I rest my forehead against Claire, relieved. If one of them had been dead, it would have been my fault.

I wrap Claire in the towel and move, to our bag's, mine in particular, as we leave for London in the morning. I shove my last few remaining electronics in Claire's bag, to make mine lighter for carry on. I know she was upset with me, from telling her about me almost dying, while she was in college even if she wasn't showing it, I knew about the nightmares and was worried about her. If only I had the ring with me. 

I frowned, looking back into the mirror, I pull out my phone and text Charlie. "Are you meeting us at the airport?" I text him back and he replies. "Elvis, this isn't the time, Monk and Maisie have both been, sent of by helicopter, yes I think so, why?" 

"Apologies for my formality, get the ring of Georgie and bring with you please." "Sure thing, be there at 2:00am."  I look up at the ceiling, as Claire comes back around the corner. 

I shove my phone away and she raises an eyebrow at me, pushing back her long dark hair. "Interrupt something?" She asks me. "Nothing at all," I say smiling. "London tomorrow, Charlie was just confirming what time, we land." Claire nods. "Any news on Maisie and Monk?"