Chapter 41

"What is this?" Miranda raised her wrist, eyeing the thin, platinum bangle that Kent clasped around her hand. It looked like a bracelet.

"A tracking device," he answered cooly.

"What again?" she exclaimed, quite surprised. Sinubukan niya iyong baklasin sa kanyang kamay pero tamang-tama lang iyon sa palapulsuhan niya. She would hurt her wrist if she wanted to get rid of it.

"A tracking device, Miranda," pag-uulit nito. "It will alarm me once you go to places you're not allowed to go. It will also allow me to track where you are. Mahirap na at baka masalisihan mo na naman ako." His face was devoid of emotion when he spoke.

Hindi makapaniwalang napatitig na lamang siya kay Kent. Her eyes were hard. Just when she thought that he already let her go by unlocking their cuffs, he did this to her.

"It's for your own good," he murmured as he checked his phone. "May pagka-impulsive ka pa naman, Mira. I need to find a way to put you under surveillance. And this is what I came up with."

Lihim siyang napamura. Hindi siya isang aso o pet para kontrolin nang ganito. She fumed as she tried to unclasp the thin bangle around her arm.

"Matibay iyan. You can't remove it from your hand without breaking your wrist or cutting your hand. You can't cut that either."

Mas lalo lamang nagngitngit ang kalooban niya sa narinig. She hated this. She looked at him, and she saw him looking at his phone again. Parang tsine-tsek nito ang oras. Kent was fully dressed now. The black suit that he was wearing looked impeccable. The tailored suit fitted to his wide shoulders, and lean frame.

Ang inis na pumuno sa kanyang dibdib ay biglang natunaw nang mapagmasdan ang kaguwapuhan nito. He looked immaculate, a powerful devil disguising as a saint in an expensive Armani. And he took her breath away.

Lihim siyang napabuntong-hininga. Her perception of him totally changed now. Especially after they shared a breath-taking intimacy that laced a strong bond between them. She could see everything about him now, could notice every little detail of his face, even the sharp lines of his chiseled jaw. And she could feel him, his presence and all.

Hindi niya alam kung matutuwa o maiinis sa kanyang nararamdaman. She was in awe of this man. Lalo na kapag sumasagi sa kanyang isipan ang mga namagitan sa kanila - how he fucked her thoroughly in bed, how he made her lose her mind. She'd never been in that kind of euphoric state until he showed her what he was capable of. He could burn the house down by just looking at her. Katulad na lamang ngayon. She could feel the tightening of her insides, the straining of her nipples as she thought of their hot fucking sessions. Dang! They already had multiple sexual encounters, but her body was still behaving like a sexually deprived woman.

Kaagad na nirendahan niya ang kanyang pag-iisip. The storm of passion was already over between them. He was now fully-dressed, and she was clothed by a soft, satin robe. "May pupuntahan ka?" isinatinig niya ang nasa kanyang isipan. The thought that he was going to leave her alone brought conflicting emotions in her heart. Parang gusto niya na ayaw niyang umalis ito at iwanan siyang mag-isa.

"Yes, I need to go back to the hospital to attend to my father," he answered softly. Napabuntong-hininga ito sa puntong iyon. He looked as if he didn't want to go.

Kent, talking about his father, made her think of her parents, too. Kamusta na kaya ang mga ito? Napatitig siya sa hawak nitong cellphone. She was dying to talk to her parents. She was dying to hear something from them. She swallowed hard as she composed herself. "Kent..." panimula niya. She looked at his face. His eyes were gentle when he eyed her. Mas lalo siyang nagkaroon ng lakas ng loob. This was the usual Kent she knew. The Mr. Nice Guy of Monteira Hotels. Maybe he would pity her and grant her request. "Can I ask you a favor? Please?" her heart was full of apprehension when she spoke. Sana naman ay pagbigyan siya nito sa kahilingan niya.