Chapter 2

Gloria Jeans was packed to its seams as usual but Sadaf and Shahmir had managed to grab a table for us. I quickly walked towards them, looking around for any familiar face that I knew. Thankfully, there was nobody known here today. I greeted Sadaf and Shahmir while dropping in a chair in front of them.

"You look hot, Liz!" Sadaf said as she winked at me. I grinned back at her.

"Thanks." I said. I had opted with a long sky blue maxi dress which reached my feet and was belted at the wait with a silver belt. It had a broad neck and scooped shoulders which I had adorned with high heels.

"You don't look bad yourself." I said matter-of-factly, while waiting for Sadaf's kick. She was wearing black jeans with a blue t-shirt that accented her figure perfectly. She always looked lovely in dark colors as they mixed well with her dark beauty.

"Yeah, thanks for the compliment." Sadaf said acidly while Shahmir and I both laughed at her.

"Anytime, love." I said. "What are you drinking? Is it any good?" I asked as I took a sip out of her mango smoothie. I blanched.

"How can you drink something so sweet?" I asked, making a face.

"You know I'm made of sugar, sweetie." She said, philosophically which made me want to roll my eyes.

"Armaan!" Shahmir said as he stood up and went towards a guy, who was passing our table. His name must be Armaan because he turned at Shahmir's voice and looked towards our table.

"Shahmir! What a pleasant surprise!" Armaan said and grabbed Shahmir in a tight hug. I smiled at them.

"I just saw you leaving. Long time, mate, where have you been? You're totally out of contact." Shahmir complained.

"I've been around here." Before he could say anything else, Armaan's friend cleared his throat.

"Ops! Sorry! Shahmir, meet my childhood friend, Anis. He just returned from the States after completing his engineering." Shahmir shook hands with Anis.

"Nice to meet you, Anis."Shahmir said with a smile.

"Anis, this is Shahmir, we've been friends since our grade school. I've spent some of the best time of my life with him." Armaan said.

"Nice to meet you too." Anis said with a smile in his voice. Just then, Armaan glanced at us.

"I think I'm keeping you from your friends." Armaan said.

"Oh not at all. Why don't you guys join us? We are just celebrating my friends' graduation today." Armaan, Shahmir and Anis walked over to where we were sitting.

"Guys, this is Sadaf and our friend, Aliza." Shahmir introduced me. I looked at Armaan and then Anis. He was already staring at me with an expression in his eyes that I couldn't understand. My heartbeat faster as I saw him looking in my eyes and warmth spread through my body.

I broke my eyes contact from and turned to Armaan.

"Hello Armaan!" I said as I smiled sweetly at him.

"Hey! Congratulations on your graduation." He said and smiled at me.

"Thank you!" I returned his smiled. Turning towards Anis, I could still feel his gaze on me.

"Hello...!" His name couldn't get past my lips.

"Hello Aliza. Nice to meet you." He said while his eyes devoured my face. He shook hands with me and as our skins touched, I felt an electric shock course through my body.  What is this happening to me? I questioned myself.