ten.

hiccup's pov

anger bubbled in me as astrid, snotlout, the twins, fishlegs and i flew around the skies for any island that looked like it could be hiding someone.

spear was following us. he seemed angry as well.

"hiccup, how do you know we're even going in the right direction?" fishlegs asked.

"i don't." i stated, looking around the skyline for anything.

"then how are we going to find y/n?" snotlout asked.

my grip on toothless' saddle tightened as i felt my veins pulsing with angry adrenaline.

i decided to stay quiet, not wanting to yell at any of my friends. i need everyone i could get to find y/n.

"hiccup-" tuffnut started, being cut off by astrid.

"we'll find her." astrid stated, cutting off the conversation.

after about 20 minutes of quiet flight, spear perked up next to me. i looked over, seeing him sniffing the air. toothless perked up a bit as well, groaning softly as he looked over at spear.

spear grumbled, the frills around his head twitching as he tilted his head every now and then.

suddenly, spear changed directions completely, flying off.

"let's go!" i yelled to everyone else, toothless quickly flying after spear.

we followed spear through the sky, an island coming into view after about 5 minutes.

"is this it..?" i asked. spear grumbled before slowly descending to the island. i guided toothless to follow, all of my friends following me.

spear didn't land, instead opting to circle the island. i held my hand up to my friends, knowing toothless would be fine blending in with the night sky, spear i wasn't too sure.

toothless followed spear around the sky of the island, a building eventually coming into view.

spear groaned, toothless grumbling back and beginning to fly up into the air. i lowered myself, knowing toothless was about to dive bomb.

toothless quickly turned downwards and bent his wings slightly, a high pitched whistling sounding in the air.

once we got close enough to the building, toothless fired a plasma ball.

BOOM

your pov

the building shook, making the guard look around.

the man dropped me to the ground, leaving his dagger as he ran out the room, not even bothering to close the door.

i let out a gasp as i collected myself.

holy shit...

my eyes widened as i looked around.

i just spoke.. like.. actually..

after a few moments, i shook my head, grabbing the dagger and struggling to stand. once i was up, i stumbled out of the room, only to see the place up in flames.

the room was circle shaped, the walkway i was on just being a layer in the donut-like tower. over the railing, you could see all the way down.

i didn't go over to the railing. i didn't want to fall over the edge.

i panicked slightly as i looked around, hearing yells not to far away from me.

"where is she?!" hiccup yelled.