four.

it had been a few weeks, probably around a month.

hiccup has come really far with sign language. i wouldn't say he's fluent, but he can keep up with what i'm trying to get across if i go slowly.

as of now, i was working on a saddle for snotlout. apparently hookfang caught his other one on fire.

as i finished up the saddle, toothless came bounding into gobber's shop, smiling goofily. i turned around, smiling at the dragon.

hello, funny dragon, i thought to myself as i began scratching around toothless, scratching areas that toothless leaned into.

and wherever toothless goes, hiccup isn't very far behind.

hiccup ran into the shop, looking around hastily, relaxing when he saw me with toothless.

'hello, hiccup,' i signed. "hey, y/n," hiccup smiled, walking over and sitting on a stool close to toothless and i.

'how's the group?' i asked. "good. we're getting ready to go after some dragon trappers." hiccup explained. i turned around quickly,

"i thought you stopped that." i signed. hiccup nodded, "we thought so too," hiccup sighed. "toothless and i found a boat a couple days ago, they almost shot us down." i frowned. 'do you need anything from here?' i signed, motioning to gobber's shop after. hiccup looked around, seeing an axe a few feet away.

"am i okay to take this?" hiccup asked, standing and walking over to the axe. he picked it up and looked back at me after. i nodded, 'i'll make a new one before gobber notices it's gone,'

hiccup smiled, "thank you, y/n," i smiled and nodded back.

hiccup turned, calling toothless as he began walking out of the shop with the axe. i turned to snotlout's saddle, adding the finishing touches.

"oh!" hiccup exclaimed, hobbling back through the door. i turned around, raising a brow. "i meant to ask if you wanted to come with," hiccup smiled. my eyes widened.

i huffed as i dove out of the way of some fire.

this was a great idea.. i thought to myself.

i whipped around as i heard footsteps behind me, raising my axe up and blocking astrid's strike. i pushed against her, swinging my leg under her feet and wiping her out.

training was a fan-fucking-tastic idea.

i backed up, running into someone behind me. i turned around, seeing fishlegs. i dove out of the way of his punch, making him stumble as i kicked him in the back.

i heard the twin's laughing to themselves, making me look around the fog. a few feet away, i saw two shadows walking towards me. i quickly crouched down, semi-crawling away from the two.

"where's she go?" ruffnut asked, looking around. "of course you lost her!" tuffnut yelled.

"so what's the plan?" i jumped as snotlout appeared next to me. i looked over, snotlout smiling at me dreamily. i rolled my eyes, knocking the blade of my axe onto his helmet, making a crashing noise.

"did you hear that?" tuffnut asked. "of course i did! i'm not deaf!" ruffnut rolled her eyes, walking over to snotlout.

i crawled the opposite direction the twins did, ending up behind them as they looked down at snotlout.

i stood up fully behind the two, looking over their shoulders at each of their faces. i waited a moment before placing my hands on either of their heads and crashing them together, making them fall.