Jealous // Carson Hocevar

I pulled down the bill of my hat further down my forehead as I watched her from across the yard. My heart was pumping way too fast in my chest and my blood was boiling. My reaction right now was uncalled for but yet I couldn't stop it.

I shouldn't care that his arms are wrapped around her body. I shouldn't care that he was making her smile. Or that she was laughing loudly when he whispered something in her ear.

I crushed the can in my hand, knowing full well I shouldn't be drinking but yet I went straight for it when I saw them two dancing side by side as music blared into the night time.

I hated it. I hated how she was wrapped up in his arms and not mine.

"Carson! Where have you been all night?" I shook away my thoughts, trying not to act surprised that the girl of my dreams ran over to me as her best guy friend stared on in the distance. "You need to dance with me!" I barely had time to reply before she was pulling me out onto the dance floor, her arms going right around my neck as a slow song started to play.

"I don't think Brandon likes that I'm dancing with you right now." She looked over her shoulder to where I pointed with my chin. Brandon narrowed his eyes at me before cursing and walking away.
"Doesn't matter," she quickly dismissed what I said and moved in closer, her head resting on my chest since she was at least a foot shorter than I was.

"Are you sure he knows you guys are just friends?"

"Jealous?" She raised her eyebrows at me in mock, a smirk playing on her lips and I found myself sighing loudly.

"Yes." I said simply. "I don't like the way he looks at you. I don't like the way he touches you or says your name. I don't like him at all because he's not me and he as hell wouldn't treat you the same way that I would."

She blinked up at me, her slow movements stopped as a gasp left her lips.

"Are you surprised?" I gently touched her chin, tipping her face up so she looked into my eyes.

"I... I had no idea." Her voice was just a whisper but I saw wonder in her eyes.

"You're all I've ever wanted, baby girl. I look at you and see happiness. I see someone I want to spend my time with. Someone to stand by my side before races and waits for me in victory lane. I want to spend my mornings with you. My nights..." I let that hang in the air between us as her eyes dilated with the words I didn't say.

I never expected to confess my feelings to her, they just came out in a rush. But I had to tell her, in fear that I'd lose her to the one guy who would never make her feel like the queen that she deserves to be.

"Carson..." She closed her eyes and sighed, a small smile tugging at the corner of her mouth. "I've waited way too long for you to say this." My breath was knocked out of my lungs at her own confession.

"Baby," I whispered, her lips coming up to find mine in the sweetest yet passionate kiss.

Heat and desire swirled through me but I knew now wasn't the time for that.

"So stop being jealous, I'm yours now." I laughed, pulling her into my arms and bending her backwards to show off to anyone who was watching as I kissed her and then twirled her away from me and back into my arms. She giggled, saying my name breathlessly and then kissed me again.

"I waited too long for this, let's get out of here."

"I don't think Brandon is going to like this," I joked.

"He can go suck an egg. I was only flirting with him to make you jealous and it worked." I looked at her in disbelief as she kissed my nose and ran away, laughing and looking back at me.

I took off my hat and ran my hand through my hair. That girl drove me crazy, but it all made it so much worth it.

A/N:  Sorry this is so short! But I thought it was cute so I wanted to share it.  

Stay tuned for the NSFW version of this story with Chase Elliott!!