I Got You // Ryan Blaney

A/N: This one was hard to write.  I know a lot of us are going through hard times right now due to this virus and because of that, some stuff we never expect to happen, happens.  I really hope everyone is staying safe and even though things look bad now, they won't always be this way.  Just have to hold onto that hope.  Love you all. 

**

I sat at the conference room table surrounded by my coworkers when we all got the word that we were losing our jobs. My vision went blurry as tears filled my eyes. My hands shook as laid in my lap. I listened to my boss' voice go in and out as he read off the Order given from the Governor, shutting down all non-essential businesses in our state to help prevent the outbreak of the virus.

Our tiny administrative business was not allowed to operate and therefore, it could not sustain business and in the end, it cannot afford to pay us. Sadly, the option to work at home was not available and they don't even know if we can reopen.

The uncertainty of everything had me on edge and I knew if I didn't get out of this conference room soon, I was going to have a breakdown.

By the time I got back to my office, I couldn't stop the tears. I couldn't stop my hands from shaking as I packed away my things and by the time I said goodbye to my coworkers and started to drive home, I couldn't any it anymore.

I pulled over, fishing my phone out of my purse and called the one person I needed at this moment.

"Ry?" I sobbed.

"Babe? What's wrong? Is everything okay." I wished the sound of his voice would calm my soul but it just made things worse.

"No."

"Aren't you at work?"

"I lost my job today, Ry, I can't do this. I'm trying to drive home but I can't see to drive because I'm crying so much. I don't know what to do." I hiccuped as I started to lose my voice.

"Send me your location and I'll come pick you up. I'm leaving right now."

"Stay on the phone with me?"

"Of course."

With shaky hands, I sent Ryan my location. I couldn't even tell you where I was. I was too upset to care. So instead, I listened to Ryan's voice as he sang me all of my favorite Tyler Childress songs, and even some of the more pop country he hates but knows I love.

It didn't make me feel better, but it helped.

When his Bronco pulled up, I never climbed out of my vehicle so fast and into his arms.

"I got you now." I sobbed, holding onto him so tightly as he held me, rubbing his hands up and down my back. "I know things are crazy right now and it doesn't seem like things will go back to normal, but I got you."

"How tho, Ry? I mean, how am I going to pay my bills? Or buy groceries? How can I find another job when there's no other place to work because we're all closed? How am I going to survive this, Ryan?"

"Hey, hey, hey!" Ryan shook me, placing his hands on my face so I would look at him. His thumbs gently wiped away my tears as he dipped down and pressed a soft kiss to my lips. "Take a deep breath." He took one and I followed, blowing out slowly like he was so I could try and catch my breath.

"I know the uncertainties right now scare you, but I got you. I have more than enough means to take care of us both during this time. I don't want you to worry about anything."

"Ryan, I can't, wonder if for some reason you don't go back to racing? Then what? I can't take your money. I'll feel guilty and I can't afford to pay you back, this is too much to ask for."

"Babe, I love you, you know that, right? I can't and I won't allow you to struggle during this time when I can take care of you and I'm going to."

"Ryan..." I looked up at him with a frown and more tears streaming down my face. "I'm scared."

"I'm scared, too, but we're going to get through this. I promise you, we will get through this and we're both going to be okay."

Ryan repeated the words, over and over until I sighed into his arms and stopped crying. He gave me another reassuring kiss that made me feel a little bit better. I wasn't sure how things were going to turn out, but I knew he would do anything in his power to make sure things would be.

"I love you, baby girl, we're going to get through this."

At that moment, I knew things would be okay. I just have to have faith.