The power a song has

When you hear any song, there's an universe coming to your mind.

You see yourself in another place, with the company of another person and in a crucial moment of your life. Yeah, it can be that you just like the rythm and think the lyrics are trash, but it always will remind you of something or someone.

And because of that, we can end up disliking a song: the memory of someone we hate, a traumatic moment happening while a song was playing on or things we miss. They're all in a song. How something so abstract as a song can be the cause of so much emotion?

Music just play with ourselves as emotional puppets. When we're sad, we tend to think happy music will cheer up, but in the majority of cases, it's the opposite. We're glad singers are sad too, so, sad music is our way of scape. We can also connect with other souls, we shout out loud the lyrics of a song in a club with someone we don't know, or we genuinely find out, the person we like, likes our favourite song too. And it makes us more humans for an instance.

There's people out there studying and working in and for the music. They have to like it so much, but, shit, we create a whole new world just closing our eyes and taking some earphones.