Recital Rebellion

Remember when last year I said that I wanted to rip the poster off? Well, this year I want to rip my head off.

I don't wanna attend.

I don't wanna dance.

And I don't want any more dirty glances from students in the studio.

My space between Maddie and Chloe was still apparently unavailable, so today I stood next to Asia, who greeted me with a hug.

At least someone looks happy about seeing me.

Today, Abby didn't say much before starting with the pyramid. The first one at the bottom was Paige, followed by Brooke, Giselle, Kendall, and Nia.

She revealed the last headshot of the middle row. "Asia, you were not here last week to perform, because you were rehearsing for a charity event,"

"Yes." The girl agreed.

"I think it's wonderful for you to do charity events, however, charity begins at home, and this is now your home." Abby continued.

Asia nodded in response when Jill interrupted. "Really? Asia shouldn't be higher than any of the kids who performed in the group dance."

Oh boy, here we go again. Jealous mothers 2.0.

"Why does she get a spot above all these kids who were here over the break, every day that they could be, and performed for you." Jill continued arguing, seemingly with herself. "That makes no sense."

"And she was training with a- with another teacher." Kelly joined Jill in the madness. "She was--"

"She was doing an event--" Kristie jumped in to defend her daughter.

Then the two started to talk over each other. For the first time in forever, I shared a look with someone. Asia and I shared a shocked look before turning back to look at the squabbling mothers. It wasn't even Kelly's fight, however, she was more than ready to go down with the ship while Jill jumped into the last lifeboat available.

Kristie scoffed. "Let me get this straight. Let me get this straight. My daughter, whether she's here, whether she's in a different country, she's gonna train with choreogra--"

And Kelly interrupted her again. "Okay, so she shouldn't be a part of our team. I would like taking my kids to train somewhere else."

Abby's head snapped back to us in shock as Kristie got even more annoyed with the Hyland mother. "Then go take them to a choreographer instead of doing--"

Jill turned over to Kristie, pretending as if she didn't start the argument. "You don't understand, we're not allowed."

"We're not allowed." Kelly and Jill said in unison as Kristie continued rambling.

Asia was shocked, but not bothered at all. She started making gestures, obviously making fun of the mothers as they continued arguing. Maddie and Kenzie chuckled at her actions while I smiled while shaking my head. By some miracle, the three of them finally shut up, not before Kristie had the last word.

Abby moved on from the argument. "Chloe, you were challenged with hip-hop. You were fourth overall high score, but you need to put more effort in. You need to be the best you can be, and I don't see that." Chloe nodded as she grimaced. "Maddie. I thought your solo was outstanding, and I was glad to see you tapping again, but you still got third." Abby revealed the next headshot. "Mackenzie. You had a clean win. You went out on stage and did what you were supposed to do." Kenzie beamed proudly. "And on top of the pyramid is, once again, Evie."

She revealed my headshot and Asia hugged me while I heard someone clap. I turned to the source of the clapping, and it was Kristie. Of course, the two who weren't here last week are the ones who support me. Wish they would've got here sooner. Mom also clapped, of course, but let's say that it was a little expected. The silence from everyone else was also expected.