Deck The Halls

GENEVIEVE

After another successful show, I changed into my street clothes ― a plain red t-shirt and black jeans ― I tied my white converse shoelaces, styled my now red hair into a braid, said goodbye to everyone for the night, and decided to go ahead and go outside while Kara finished talking with someone.

My mistake was going through the front door.

I didn't mind the people who congratulated me for the performance, but I did mind the paparazzi that stood outside, eagerly waiting for a cast member of the most popular musical at the moment to show up.

Faking a smile, I started walking as they all came over to me, flashes going off every second as they shoved cameras on my face and all tried to talk at the same time.

"Genevieve, how does it feel--"

"What do you th--"

"Are you--"

Looking between the crowd, my eyes landed on a blonde reporter. "How do you feel about being compared to Madison St--"

"How do you feel about being compared to Hollywood's golden girl?" Another report interrupted her, seemingly stealing her question on the way.

As the blonde reporter complained and the male, brunette reporter smirked, I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I didn't know there was a Hollywood golden girl," I admit, confusion lacing my voice. "I didn't even know there was such thing as a Broadway golden girl until, like, three months ago."

"Has Dance Moms season three started filming?" Another reporter asked.

"I think it has, but I'm not working on that at the moment," I answer.

"So you ditched Dance Moms?"

"No. I didn't ditch Dance Moms." I explain. "I'm just working here for now."

"And would you go back to Dance Moms?"

Would I?

That's when reality hit me.

Did I really want to go back to Dance Moms?

I was really enjoying the break from the show and everything surrounding it, but I hadn't stopped to think that I could ― or had ― to go back at a certain point. My contract is four seasons, and even if the third one still counts as I work somewhere else, I have a season left in the contract. I still had to go back there for another season. Another season of yelling and crying and wanting to scream. Another season of mama drama, friends trying to stick together, and stupid arguments between one another. Another season of trying to be the best-- as if I wasn't doing that here already.