Jill On The Rampage

Mackenzie

Chloe   Maddie   Genevieve

Paige   Giselle   Brooke   Nia   Kendall

This week, everyone has a solo, meaning that there's no group dance.

Let's call it "solo week".

Also this week, I was stuck with yet another contemporary solo entitled "Cold As You". Even though I kind of want to do a solo of another style, I get to perform to a Taylor Swift song, so it's all worth it.

When I started learning my solo with Abby, it was a little awkward. She didn't know about my so-called "panic attack", as Maddie and Chloe said. She just knew that I started crying because I decided to overreact. From now on, I'm not making a fool out of myself ever again, and that includes the "save those tears for the pillow" thing.

After the solo rehearsal, I started my "own" rehearsal in-studio "C". I had to stop once I heard Maddie basically yell my name outside and I had to go check what was up with her.

~~~

I sat at the kitchen table, finishing my math homework, as Mom and Giselle looked at some of our old dance costumes in the living room. I could hear them say: "aw, you were a baby back then" or "this dance was so cute" or "remember when--". Basically, it was like they got into a time machine because that's how they were acting.

"Wasn't that costume the one of the chicken dance?"

"What?" I look up from the worksheet, "You still have the costumes from "The Chicks" dance?"

"She's got every single costume in here." Giselle answers.

I stood up and walked into the living room, where the two of them sat on the floor, surrounded by different costumes.

"Is the baby going to dance like us?" Giselle asks Mom, "What's the baby's gender?"

"You'll find out when the baby's born." Mom answers, "And don't think we haven't noticed you guys eavesdropping on nearly every conversation."

"That's unfair." I say, causing the two of them to look at me, "How am I supposed to write a "welcome home" card if I don't know the sex and the name?"

"You think the baby will read it?" Giselle asks me, an amused look on her face.

"I'll read it to her . . . him . . . it!" I answer, "I think the baby will understand."

"Also, how is the baby going to change things around here?" She asks again, "I mean, it's the first baby in nine years, and I'm sure that the current baby loves the attention she receives."

"Ha ha ha." I sarcastically say, "Good one, Giselle."

"We'll just divide our attention between the four of you." Mom answers, "We'll make sure nothing changes between any of us."

"Yeah, it'll just keep being like it's always been, Elle." I add, "I don't think that the new baby will change everything."

"I guess." Giselle says as she grabs a purple cloth that was behind her, "Oh my gosh, my first solo costume!"

~~~

Paige, Nia, and I were all in the viewing room as we tried on parts of our costumes. Nia was wearing a lilac dress, Paige was wearing some orange shorts and I wore a white skirt.