When Stars Collide

"First, I'm gonna talk about this past weekend." Abby starts the pyramid.

I knew Abby could talk about so many things. Like about how Maddie and I both got two solos. Or maybe about the big Christi blowout after awards. Or she could talk about Paige forgetting her solo and running offstage. Or maybe, just maybe, about the fact that Vivi-Anne, Paige, Mackenzie and Nia did not place. Or about how Chloe was fifth, Brooke was third, I was third and second, and Maddie was fourth with one of her solos.

Basically, Abby could spend hours talking about everything that happened.

"I am very disappointed. Every single one of you could have done better in your solo." Abby mentions, "Moving on, I want to forget about last weekend. What's gonna happen this week?"

"It's the ALDC Showcase." Paige points to the chalkboard, where "ALDC Showcase" was written.

Badly, but it was written on it.

"Thank you." Abby tells her, "Yes." She walks to the other side of the chalkboard, "We're doing the new number "Sugar Daddies" at the showcase. Maddie, you won the overall high score at the competition. Boom. Nia, forgot the solo, kept dancing, made it up, went on, finished with the music. Genevieve, your solos were third and second. You beat Maddie with one of your solos, but she beat you with her other one. Chloe, did a great job. There were some other situations. You're here. I want to see that attitude improve onstage, yes? You never know who's watching you."

Maddie

Genevieve   Brooke   Nia

Chloe   Paige   Vivi-Anne   Mackenzie

"All right, I have a few surprises during the showcase." Abby says.

Nicole: When the word "surprise" comes out of Abby's mouth, you've got to watch out 'cause she doesn't notice the difference between good surprises and bad surprises.

"I don't want to pressure you, but in the audience, at the showcase, is going to be an agent coming to seek new talent and looking for new clients to sign." Abby announces.

All of us girls cheer as we look at each other.

Having an agent come to the ALDC is the best thing that could happen. Well, ever since the argument last weekend.

"Moms." All the attention went back to Abby, "You are going to be performing in the show, as well."

We all cheer as the moms look at Abby, clearly confused.

"Oh, Cathy, you're going to be the choreographer." Abby continues.

"So, you guys are in for trouble." Cathy laughs.

"Nationals are getting closer and closer. With every competition, you get better, and you get stronger." Abby says, "So, this showcase is going to be a nice chance to entertain rather than compete, but it all is leading up to nationals, because what do we want?"

"Win!" We all exclaim.

After pyramid, the moms go to the viewing room while Paige, Chloe and Nia start learning the group dance. Maddie, Brooke, Mackenzie, Vivi and I go back to the dancer's den.

"Did anyone know about the Broadway agent beforehand?" I ask.

"Nope." Brooke answers, "It's really cool, though."

"Yeah." Maddie agrees, "A real agent is coming to see us perform this weekend!"

"We have to be perfect." Mackenzie comments, "And then--"