Bullets And Ballet

"We had all these plans made to go to New Jersey, and then, at the last minute we have to completely flip it." Abby starts, "There's a lot of dance companies in this country that would have said: "Fine, we're not going", and we didn't do that. We went, some great things happened and some really bad things happened. Now, this week, we're going to Hollywood Vibe right here in Pittsburgh. I want to see a hundred percent from every single one of you. Remember, we're in our backyard. You have a target on your back. So do I. The group number is called "Private Eyes". I'm gonna arm you with a secret weapon. You're going to be using guns in your routine. When you step on that stage, I want you to kill it. Understood? You're gonna blow the competition away."

Pew pew?

"Mackenzie, you went from first to worst in one routine." Abby explains, "You always have to keep working."

She reveals the next headshot as Kenzie nods.

"Nia, you had a pretty dance. I thought you did well, no problem." Abby reveals the next headshot, "Kendall, I understand the costume was an issue. Jill, I'm sure you have something to say about it but I'll tell you what, it doesn't matter what you wear. Ultimately, at the end of the day, it's your technique, that's what you need to work on."

Jill looked annoyed, but Kendall looked a little satisfied.

"Next, Maddie." Abby reveals, "Maddie, you could've been seriously injured. Get the pout off your face, Maddie. You know that you made that mistake, and that's what you get. So, let that be a lesson to everybody: don't change your mind in midair.

Abby reveals the next headshot as a very confused Melissa literally "steals the cameras".

"Chloe, it was good, but obviously, not good enough." Abby explains and moves on, "Next is Genevieve. You were good, but you weren't great. You were probably just scared of the gym floor, but that was not a performance from a national winner."

I was literally first place in the category and I beat Maddie.

Paige

Giselle    Brooke   Genevieve    Chloe

Maddie   Kendall    Nia   Mackenzie

"All right, ladies, the group number, everyone will be dancing except Mackenzie." Abby announces, "I'm gonna enter a trio. Chloe, Maddie, and Genevieve. Paige will have the lead in the group dance for being on top of the pyramid. Kendall, get the look off your face. I can't take any chances this week. I. Need. To. Win."

I. Need. To. Win.

- Abby Lee Miller, 2012

~~~

"I, I love you like a love song, baby." Paige and I sing as we walk to the studio, "I, I love you like a love song, baby. I, I love you like a love song, baby."

Our "singing session" was then interrupted by a bench by the entrance, one that Paige didn't seem to notice.

"And I keep hitting repeat-peat-peat-peat-bench-bench-bench." I stop walking, "Why is there a bench here?"

"It says: To Abby Lee. Love, Jill and Kendall." Brooke reads and we look at each other.

"Typical." We say at the same time and continue our way to the dancer's den.

Later, we rehearsed the group dance with a pretty indecisive Abby.

"Brooke and, um, Nia, switch places." Abby says, "Five, six, seven, go."