Chapter 21

The camera zoomed in on my mother's face. She looked confused and so did I.

"Mom what are you doing here?" I said softly.

My heart was pounding so hard I was sure everyone could hear.

My mom was here?

Why was she here?

Why now?

This can't be happening.

"I need to talk to you," She said.

"Excuse me ma'am, are you Yang Jeongin's Mother? Could we please get a comment about his relationship with Hwang Hyunjin."

My mother had a confused expression but before she could say another word Hyunjin was on his feet.

"Is it really appropriate to question his mother?" He said loudly.

The anger in his tone was obvious. I took this chance to leave.

"I'll be just a moment," I said ushering my mom out the door and closing it behind me.

"Mom what are you doing here!" I whispered yelled.

"What's going on in there?" She asked.

I didn't answer her. This is the first time I had seen my mother since our fight. We weren't on good terms at all.

"Listen Jeongin, I came to have a conversation with you. Maybe I was a bit harsh in the moment," she said, almost as if it pained her to say it.

I was in disbelief.

"A bit harsh? You hit me! You embarrassed me in front of everyone!" I yelled.

"I know, I shouldn't have done that and I'm sorry, but this is not all my fault Jeongin. You were completely dishonest with me!" She retorted.

"I didn't tell you because I knew you wouldn't let me do it. But mom let's be realistic. I am an adult. I don't need a second opinion on my decision."

I could see that hurt her feelings.

"Jeongin as long as you live in my house you are my responsibility," she said.

"That's why I left mom!" I shouted.

She paused and took a deep breath before continuing.

"Look Jeongin, even though I don't agree with what you're doing I want you to know something. I am still your mother and I will always be here. I'm sorry I said those things to you. I'm sorry I kicked you out. I'm sorry I hit you. I didn't come here to argue or to ruin your show. I came here to let you know that you will always be welcomed back home."

I could feel tears welling up in my eyes. I've been waiting to hear those words. I was overwhelmed with emotion. All of the tears I had held back. I never wanted to admit it but I couldn't bare having a bad relationship with my mom. I loved her. So much.

"I-"

before I could continue the host and the cameraman burst through the front door and there is a microphone in my mothers face.

"Ma'am we are reporters here to investigate the legitimacy of the relationship between your son and Hwang Hyunjin and would like a statement," He said quickly.

What was he doing. This was finally my time to make up with my mom and now it was ruined.

"What are you-" I started.

"Jeongin it's okay," my mom said, " I really don't understand what you're asking. Are you asking me if they are actually together?"

"Yes Ma'am."