Chapter 11

"You really don't have to walk me back, I can go myself." I said.

"I never said you couldn't" Hyunjin reply.

We had been walking for only 5 minutes and I already felt a little better. I was acting like it was a bother but honestly, this walk was so much easier know that I had someone with me. I didn't fear the footsteps any more.

"Why don't you stay with a friend?"

The sudden question caught me off guard.

"Huh?"

"Hotels are only temporary and expensive, it would be better to stay with someone," he said.

Leave it to Hwang Hyunjin to bring the mood down and start talking about my finances.

"I don't want to be a bother, plus who says I can't afford expensive hotels," I said crossing my arms.

He looks at me as if I just said something crazy, then shakes his head.

"Your finances are none of my business. We're not married. I'm just advising, it's my job," he says, tucking his hands into the pockets of his black over coat.

"M-married?! Of course we're not married!" I exclaimed.

"You get fluster over such childish things. It's not like I just proposed," he said picking up his pace.

I walked faster to keep up as his long legs moved quickly ahead.

Another cold wind blew through sending a shiver through my body. The temperature felt as if it was dropping by the minute.

All of a sudden I felt warmth on my back and shoulders, I look back to see Hyunjin in just his black button up and his over coat on my shoulders.

"Did you not check the weather today? Why didn't you bring a jacket with you?"

I was glad the dark of night hid my blushed face.

"You should take it back, you must be cold," I insisted.

I began to take it off only for him to put right back on my shoulders.

"Take it, I'm fine," he said.

I pulled the coat closer to my body.

"Do you live far from here?" I asked.

"Yes," he said.

I turned to him confused.

"We'll then why didn't you bring your car?"

"Why do you ask so many questions?" he shot back in a suddenly defensive tone.

I stopped talking after that, feeling discouraged. Perhaps I had over stepped. An awkward silence falls over us both for a while.

"Walking helps me relieve my stress."

I look over at him. Surprised at his sudden answer to my question.

"Was today stressful?" I ask cautiously, trying not to cross the line again.

"When you work the way I do, there isn't a day that isn't."

I could almost hear the exhaustion in his voice. I felt bad for him. I don't think I've ever heard him talk about much of anything that didn't have something to do with work. In fact this felt like the first I was really talking to him. Hwang Hyunjin.

"Try to remember, when you work as hard as you do, it's okay to take a break," I say, looking over at him.

He seemed thrown of by my answer for a moment. He doesn't respond we just continue on walking.

"This is the building," I said, stopping.

He stops too, turning to face me and I hand him back his coat.

"Well I'll see you tomorrow then." I said and started to make my way to the door.

"Jeongin."

I turned around at the sound of my name.

"Hm?"

"Good night."

I look at him or a second before smiling.

"Good night Hyunjin."

_______________

A/N: Hi loves I know this chapter is kind of short but next chapter will be longer. Either way I hope you enjoyed. Have a great day guys. Byeee