Chapter 17

The ding of my phone caught my attention. A text from Hyunjin. I opened the message quickly.

"Come downstairs."

I shrugged and got out of bed. After my panic attack I decided to go back to my room. Mostly to avoid the embarrassment.

I made my way downstairs and to my surprise I could see Soeun and Mr.Wang in the living room along with Hyunjin. And then I remembered what had caused my panic attack and it soon made sense.

"Ah Jeongin, just come have a seat," Said Mr.Wang.

I smiled politely and sat next to Hyunjin. I wondered what solution they had to fix this problem, I couldn't imagine anyway out, then again, this was their job. Getting us out of sticky situations.

"So I have some good news and some bad news," Soeun started, "Good news is fans of the show are still arguing against the idea of your relationship being fake, so you're not completely under the water. Bad news is some people still aren't to sure and want to see for themselves." She said the last part slowly.

"What do you mean by see for themselves?" I asked.

"Well There's this blogger who's job is to expose celebrities, basically the skeptics of the show want you to allow him into your house so that they can find out if you're telling the truth," Soeun explain caustically.

"What? That's ridiculous!" I said standing up in shock, "they can't be serious, right?"

I looked around the room, everyone was serious.

"We have to let a Stranger snoop around here and try to find evidence that we're not a couple?" I said bewildered.

"Basically," soeun gave me a sympathetic grin.

She then turned to Hyunjin, " Now this is your home, you don't have to agree. But if you don't, it won't look good," she explained.

"Let them, I've already let one stranger in my house." He stated.

I can't explain why but that statement hurt my feelings in a way. Is that really how he sees me? A stranger staying at his house. I thought we were a at least a little closer than that.

"Okay then, we have the rest of today and tomorrow to set up the house and make sure it looks like a couple who has lived together for a while. We need to make sure absolutely everything is perfect because if not it will be noticed," She said.

"Where do we start?" I asked.

"Let's get the big things out of the way. You can't have separate bedrooms."

When she said that my eyes widened.

"H-huh?" I stuttered.

"We are going to have to move Jeongin's things into Hyunjin's room to make it look like they share a room. Along with that we also need traces of both personalities all throughout the house."

"And how exactly are you going to achieve that?" Hyunjin asked, sitting back down as if he couldn't care less.

"I was thinking small touches, Like sweeter smelling air fresheners, pastel cooking appliances, fridge with his favorite foods, things of that nature," she explained.

It all sounded crazy. Though, I'm not sure why it did. It made sense, this was our only chance to fix the mistake I made. It had to be believable, I couldn't be shy and hesitant. I had to act, that's why I got this job.

"Me and Mr. Wang will go out and buy the items, you two can't afford to get caught buying these items. You two start on the bedroom."

With that Soeun and Mr. Wang were out the door.