Chapter 16

I woke up to the sound of a Television playing quietly from another room. I sat up in the bed and looked around. It was the first time I was up waking up in Hyunjin's house and it felt strange. The room smelled like fresh air and clean linen and the white curtains on the window let in a soft glow of sunlight. It was the most peaceful I had felt in a while.

I got up and slid out of bed, stretching my arms wide to try and wake myself up a little. I made my bed neatly, I wouldn't dare to let this room get dirty. Getting out of my pajamas was definitely something I would do before walking out of this room. I'm not comfortable enough to do otherwise so I pick out an outfit.

I decided on a white button up with a light blue sweater over it and some white pants. I fixed my hair in the mirror on the wall a little, trying to make it look presentable before making my way to the door.

My hand sat there on the doorknob not moving. My heart started to beat harder. I don't know how long I can take this. How can I deal with this much anxiety every single morning just leaving the bedroom. But when you're around Hyunjin, you feel like nothing you do will ever be enough, like everything is wrong.

I eventually get the courage to open the door and step outside. The sound of the TV is louder now and I can tell it's coming from downstairs. I slowly start to make my way down. The living room slowly start to come into view and I saw Hyunjin sitting on the couch watching something closely.

At first I thought it was the news, but as I got closer I could hear my name and Hyunjin's. I still had not been spotted, which was strange because I was now completely downstairs and next to the tv basically in front of him.

I didn't know what to say, I didn't know if I should say anything. Should I just leave him be? Would it be rude if I didn't greet him?

All of my thinking came to a halt the moment Hyunjin's eyes sudden move straight to me. He didn't look surprised at all. He had known I was there for a while. I felt like a deer in headlights.

"G-good morning," was the phrase I decided on.

He looked back at the tv screen and nodded towards it like he wanted me to look.

When I turn to look at the screen I quickly realized that it wasn't the news at all. It was some kind of gossip show. And... they were talking about us. I unconsciously took a seat next to Hyunjin and listen in.

"-So I just think that it's too suspicious," said a women with blonde hair and blue dress.

"What are they talking about?" I asked.

"You moving in," he said.

"People already know?!" I said puzzled.

"They saw you on your way and when you arrive here."

What? There was absolutely no way they could've- I stopped dead as I remembered having my window rolled all the way down on my way here. Great job Jeongin, you blew it again, they saw exactly who was in the car the whole way here.

"I-I'm sorry, it's my fault. I lowered my window and-" before I could finish Hyunjin raised his hand as if to stop me.

He must be so pissed. Not only did I expose this to the public. But people also know where he lives. How could I be so stupid.

"Don't," he says.

I put my head down

"It wasn't your fault."

I quickly bring my head back up to look at him. Did he seriously say it wasn't my fault?

"You had no idea anyone could've been watching, don't apologize over something you had no control over. It's okay."

I couldn't believe it. Was Hyunjin really letting me off the hook like this? After such a big screw up? It's okay? He said it was okay. I could've cried from relief. I don't think I could've handled living with Hyunjin while he was mad at me.

"Th-thank you," I said barely audible.

I turned back to the TV and continued to listen. Back to the real problem. People know now.

"Why would we now suddenly see Yang Jeongin on his way to Hwang Hyunjin's house after that incident last episode," The woman continued.

"I'm starting to believe that he just recently moved in, and they were never a couple in the first place."

My palms got sweaty, she was exactly right. I felt like the lie was over, it was already too late already. The whole world knew I was a liar.

I felt like I was drowning, what was I supposed to do? They knew. Everything that I had built for my career was over. They knew. I started to hyperventilate, the lack of oxygen making me more panicked. My entire career is gone, nobody will want a liar. Everyone will hate me. My life is over. And-

"Jeongin."

Behind my own hysterical thoughts I heard a voice call my name.

"Jeongin."

This time it was louder.

"Jeongin you have to calm down, it's okay," Hyunjin said again.

"They know," was all I could say.

"No they don't. They don't know anything you don't tell them. It's all speculation you're fine but right now you're spiraling and I need you to breathe."

I began to force myself to slow my breath. I took deep long breaths. Soon enough my surroundings began to come back into focus.

Hyunjin was no longer sitting on the couch. In fact he was right in front of me, crouching down And looking me straight in the eyes. His hands were gripping my arms tightly. The TV was now a black screen. Did he turn it off?

The silence in the room was deafening, with only the sound of my broken breathing.

"Are you calm?" He asked.

I slowly nodded and he let go of my arms. I didn't realize how comforting it was until he had let go and cold took its place.

He stood up and my eyes found the ground.

"I-I'm sorry," I said.

"I don't want you watching anything that has to do with this unless you have to, understand?" He said.

I nodded.

__________

A/N: Ahhhhh! I give you guys full permission to yell at me for not posting in so long. I'm so sorry but I'm getting out of my writing block and the next chapter will be out shortly. As always I hope you enjoyed and have a great day❤️❤️