Chapter 9

I quickly grabbed a seat across from Soeun in the conference room. We had a meeting today about our contract.

Hyunjin took a seat next to me and Mr.Wang sat with Soeun on the opposite side of the big glass table. It was the also the day of the performances and so I was already anxious. We would be going right after this to get ready.

"This is just check up to make sure you completely understand the contract and to talk about how you'll get payed for it," Said Soeun with a soft friendly smile.

I tried to pay attention because I knew the information was important but it just sounded so boring I spaced out sometimes.

Hyunjin sat quietly and attentive, even writing notes on a small notebook that he pulled from his jacket pocket.

"As of payment, you should be getting your first paycheck by the end of this week and after that it should be a week or two after an episode airs," Mr. Wang explained.

I nodded politely but I only heard about half of what he said.

"You'll get most of your money after the show ends however," He continued.

All of a sudden a woman dressed in a pretty pencil skirt and neat white blouse came into the room.

"Um Mrs. Lee," The woman started.

Soeun looked up at her confused and nodded for her to continue.

"There's a woman here who's looking for a Yang Jeongin," she said.

I tilted my head a bit, confused. Who could be looking for me?

"Oh well you can let her in," Soeun said half-heartedly, still confused on who it could be.

"Sorry for the interruption boys," Soeun said, addressing Hyunjin and Mr. Wang.

"It's no problem, we're almost done here anyw-" Mr. Wang started to speak before a very familiar woman came bursting through the door.

"Yang Jeongin!" she shouted firmly.

I stood up in surprise.

"Mom?" I exclaimed, "What are you doing here?"

She then held up a piece of paper.

"I found when I was cleaning your room, explain," She said angrily.

In her hand was my copy of the contract for the show that Soeun gave me. I froze.

"m-mom I-I uh," I stuttered and looked around the room.

Everyone including Hyunjin was staring at me.

"A boy love dating show Jeongin?" she said sounding almost disgusted, " Are you kidding me? What have you got yourself into? Look at this contract! Are you crazy!"

I looked at the ground in shame. I didn't want to see the looks I was getting anymore.

"So you've been lying to me about where you've been, Huh? Well answer me," she said.

"Y-Yes," I said softly.

"I am so disappointed in you, in all my life I have never heard of something more ridiculous than what I have read in this contract. And all for what, money? Jeongin I though you had more respect for yourself than that." She said, anger seeping from her hurtful words.

I bit my lip to try to keep the tears in my eyes from falling and clenched my fists. I didn't dare look up.

"Get your things we're leaving," she said and stood in the doorway with her arms crossed.

I didn't move.

"Jeongin I said now!" She screamed frustrated.

She walked up and grabbed my ear, pulling me toward the door. It hurt and I winced in pain but didn't make a sound.

That's when Hyunjin stood up.

My mom looked at him. Looking at him up and down as if she were sizing him up.

"And you are?" she said.

"Hwang Hyunjin," he stated.

"m-mom please don't do this here," I begged, already drowning in the shame.

"No, we are cancelling that contract and going straight home so don't say another word," She said and pulled my ear again.

"as for you," she said pointing a finger at Hyunjin, "I recognize your name from the contract. Be as money hungry as you want but not with my son. He's leaving and you won't make a dime off of this so called showed." She said.

Hyunjin held his head up and look right passed her.

"I have no intrest in forcing him to stay here, nor am I desperate for money as you've claimed. I am very successful of my own. Take him out of the show if you so please. I just hope your able to pay the cancelation fee of eight hundred thousand dollars," he stated calmly, fixing his jacket.

Her eyes widen and she looked at Soeun quickly, "eight hundred th-thousand?" she said, completely taken aback.

Hyunjin was looking at her now, I stood next to her awkwardly, "It's stated in the contract. The one that you've said you read."

"I-I don't make nearly enough to pay that!" She yelled, eye's wide in surprise.

"Well then I would say the decision is clear," Hyunjin said and stood there, his eyes like daggers.

"M-mom," I started but before I could finish my sentence I felt the sting of a hand across my face.

She had slapped me.

Soeun gasped.

"Don't you dare speak! Look at the mess you've gotten yourself into!" She yelled.

I stood there for a second, my head still turned in the direction she had hit me. My mother has never hit me. I was shocked. And angry. And frustrated but most of all I was hurt. It caused me to burst from the seems.

"Mom! This is my choice! I am an adult! Why can't you understand that!?" I yelled and pulled myself away from her harshly.

"Whether you like it or not this is what I'm doing! Just deal with it!"

I watched as she picked her purse up off the table and put in on her shoulder.

"Well then, if you are such an adult I'm sure you'll do fine on your own. Don't bother coming home tonight," She said and stormed out of the room.

"J-Jeongin?" Soeun started but I put my hand out to stop her from speaking further.

I took a deep breath, collected myse;f, wiped my tears, and took a seat like nothing had happened.

"Where were we?" I asked.

_______

A/N : So that's the end of this chapter. What do you guys think is going to happen. I guess will find out next time 😉