Chapter 12

I walked into the dance studio but it's completely empty. The dance instructor is nowhere to be seen. Had I gotten here earlier?

"Hello?" I called out.

Nothing.

All of a sudden I felt a pair of hands on my hips that turn me around.

Hyunjin.

I wasn't expecting him to be so close and I lean back in surprise.

"Are you okay?" he says.

"H-huh?" I say confused

Hyunjin hands come up to my face as he cups my cheeks.

"I know you're not okay. But that's okay I'm here for you," he says.

Hyunjin's eyes make their way to my lips and he slowly starts to lean in towards me.

I close me eyes.

Beep

Beep

Beep

The sound of my alarm woke me from a deep sleep and I jolted up.

"What was I thinking!" I squeal and curse my brain for imagining such a scene.

I look around the room, the unfamiliarity of the surrounding immediately drag my mood down.

I missed my room. I missed my light blue sheets that I've had for years. I missed my lamp that would flicker on and off sometimes. I missed my closet door that would never close all the way no matter how hard I tired.

I thought of all the nights Seungmin and I spent screaming about some idol or dying of laughter over something stupid at 2am.

I felt something wet fall on to my hand, and then again. I felt my lip quiver and bit it tightly. I can't let myself sit here and cry. If I do I know it will never stop.

I looked over at my phone, it was 7am. Super early for me.

Usually I would just fall back to sleep but I wanted to get out of this room and into some familiarity as quickly as possible.

I quickly got dressed and made my way down to the lobby, pulling out my phone to call Seungmin.

"Hello?"

It was so nice to hear his voice I could've cried.

"Minnie, what are you doing?"

"Sitting on my couch watching animals get it in on National Geographic."

"Wha- you know what. I don't wanna know."

"You're right. You don't."

"I have some time before I have the filming today. Wanna hang out?"

"You know it. It's not like I do anything else with my time."

"Obviously."

Seungmin and I walk around the park after he had came and picked me up. It was nice out today so we thought we'd actually go out and get some fresh air.

"Oh Innie! Look! They have cotton candy, let's go!" Seungmin squealed and I grabbed my hand, dragging me behind him as he ran.

We both eventually found a bench to eat our cotton candy on. We sat there in silence for just a moment before Minnie spoke up.

"So, how are you?" He asked.

It was a simple question, just a small conversation started. It means nothing to most people. Just say your good and ask them back. That's how it goes.