Fourty Six | I Promise

Start from the beginning

I grab my bag and fill it with ice and plenty of water. They are really going to hate me after today and through out the night I think to myself. This is good though. They need it! It will also make them stronger. I put on my bag and jog to the pack house. Nobody, but the Omega's were awake while getting food ready. I asked the Omegas to put some breakfast aside for my girls before heading up to Lucas's office, but first I have to stop and say my morning hello's to my favorite girl other than Nala of course.

"Good morning, Ladybug."
"Good morning, Luna." Mia says, but I notice she doesn't smile this time.
"Hey, I already told you.. call me Nova."
"Okay." She replies before going back to work.

She seems off and I won't leave her feeling down. I sit down on the edge of her desk causing her to look at me with a sad smile.

"Why no happy smiles, today? Your morning smiles make my day. Why so blue?" I ask her lowly.

She just looks up to me with tears in her eyes.

"It's nothing, Lu-Nova." She says.
"Don't dismiss your feeling, Ladybug. Your feelings matter."
"I'm just having a really bad day." She says.

She's not making eye contact with me. She's lying. I grab her hand and pull her to the couch in the waiting area. When we sit down I give her a second before she finally looks at me. A lone tear falls down her cheek that I didn't think twice of wiping off.

"It might make you feel better to talk about it. It's not healthy to bottle up your feelings."
"I know, I just don't want to bother anyone with my burdens." She whispers.
"You're feelings and problems are never a burden. Especially to me. You feeling's are important to me."
"You're just saying that because you're my Luna. It's apart of you to think you care." She states while looking back down.

Okay that hurt.. I use my thumb to lift her chin to look me in my eyes.

"Mia, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. When I don't care about someone's feelings or wellbeing I make it know. Family, pack, or stranger it doesn't matter. If I don't care I will make it known. It doesn't matter if I'm your Luna. My feelings are my own and feelings towards you and the pack are my own as well. Here's another secret. I believe promises are very sacred. It tells you a lot about someone when they either keep or break their promise and right now I'm promising you that your feelings, burdens, and wellbeing mean a lot to me. Seeing you sad does something to me. I don't like seeing you sad. I miss you smile" I tell her.

"You mean it?" She asks wiping her tears and looking at me.
" I promise."
"Thank you, Nova."
"You don't have to thank me, Ladybug. Just talk to me." I tell her.
"Are you sure?" She asks unsure.
"Absolutely."
"Okay well.. I met my mate.." She stated then paused to see if I was still listening.
"Go on." I say with a soft smile.
"Well it turns out my mate is indeed a female much to my happiness, but.." she pauses and starts to cry.

I instantly pull her into a hug where she cried on my shoulder. I was trying to be calm on the outside, but my blood was boiling at the thought of someone hurting, my ladybug! I don't understand why I feel so protective over her, but I wouldn't change it. She finally stopped crying and pulled back to look at me. I wiped her tears away while she just smiled at me with a small broken smile. That broken smile is not the smile she should have on her face.

"She rejected me." She announced causing me to close my eyes to calm down for a second then looked back to her.
"Why?" I asked calmly
"Many reasons." She chuckled sarcastically.
"Lets hear them."
"She accused me of sleeping with the Alpha because no other packs Alpha's have an assistant, accused me of not saving myself for her, yet I'm a virgin, she said I was weak, said I would never be good enough, and the worst part.. I would never be nothing, but a pathetic little girl chasing after and sleeping with a mated man... I don't even like men!" She shouts the last part.