Our Little Sister Part 1

Prompt: "There will always be room for more Miyagi-Fang students, notre petite soeur."

It was another day after school. I went to training at the Cobra Kai dojo, and was a little late as I walked in.

"Miss Mayo, you're late," Sensei Kreese said. "You've never been late before; if I recall, you usually show up somewhat an hour early to get some pre-training practice in."

"Well, it doesn't matter to me," I replied, "because guess what?"

"You won the lottery," Kyler remarked.

"I wish, Kyler," I replied before turning to Tory, Robby and the other students. "I might as well tell you — basically, I'm quitting Cobra Kai as of today."

The other Cobra Kai students gasped in shock, and Kyler did a double take as the impact of my words hit him like the proverbial two-by-four.

"Really? Cutting half of Eli's hair off like that the way you did," I hissed at Robby.

"He deserved it," Robby replied.

"You scared him," I pointed out.

"Good," Tory stated.

"Really? Well, bad for you, Tory," I replied. Now it was Tory's turn to do a double take. Turning to Robby, I then added, "In a sense, you not only attacked Eli, you also betrayed my trust. He's like the older brother I wish I had." I then reverted my gaze back to Tory. "And I would lose you, Tory, if I was the one to attack your little brother or your mom the same way you attacked Eli. Right?"

Tory didn't need to answer; she fell silent and lowered her eyes, knowing I was right on both counts. Even Robby was silent, as though considering my words.

"Last time I checked, you wanted to fight him at the drive-in movie," Kyler spoke up, right before he suddenly looked puzzled. "Uh, didn't you?"

I shook my head. "No way, Kyler. Of course not. I didn't want to fight him. I wanted to fight somebody else."

"Well, you know what?" Sensei Kreese spoke up. "You're more than welcome to quit. We don't want soft-hearted members of the snowflake generation like you here."

"Not a problem with me. Good luck finding someone else to replace me in this war you call life," I replied before adding in a nod for good measure. Kreese blinked in puzzlement as though wondering what I meant (and in this case, he probably did).

Pulling off the black headband, I put it on top of the Cobra Kai gi and placed said gi next to the wall. Dusting off my hands, I turned on my heel and stepped back over the threshold — thus leaving the Cobra Kai dojo for good.

As soon as I turned the corner, I threw my shoulders back, looked up at the sky and exhaled, a sigh of relief flying from my mouth

As soon as I turned the corner, I threw my shoulders back, looked up at the sky and exhaled, a sigh of relief flying from my mouth. After checking the time on my BLU F91 5G smartphone, I put it in my backpack and decided to walk home.

The walk there was seemingly long (but was actually five blocks). However, I didn't mind one bit, to be honest; I had to think.

I smiled while recalling what I'd just done. Eli would be proud of me, I thought. After all, I felt right then, he'd done the right thing when he switched sides (while also betraying Cobra Kai) during the LaRusso house fight back in December, and I knew I did the right thing in taking a page from his book and leaving Cobra Kai for good.