before i can protest, asher is lifting me by my hips and setting me back down on the ground.

"you'll hurt yourself like that. let me finish it, i won't need a stool" he offers, holding his hand out for me to give him the tinsel.

he just... he...

the way he can lift me...

no. horny thoughts go away. we must stay focused.

stunned, i hesitantly hand him the rest of the tinsel and watch him smile before turning around.

this man is so fine-

knock it off aria.

i sit down on the arm of the couch and watch his hands work the tinsel, ripping the tape off the roll with his teeth.

"you're really going all out for this, huh?" he muffles through the tape roll between his teeth.

"yes" i answer, taking the tape out of his mouth, "yes i am. and you better go feral tomorrow night or i'm kicking you out of the party."

asher raises his eyebrows in amusement and smiles. "you're gonna kick me out of my own house, chica?"

i nod, "that's right. it's the rules."

he finishes hanging the decoration and shakes his head, smirking.

"then i'll make sure to 'go feral' with you" he teases, turning to face me.

with me? bet. i'll spend the whole night with him. in honor of pip not being there, of course. she would be cheering me on.

"mind helping with the rest?" i ask, pointing to the bags. "i'll do this bag and you can do that one?"

asher looks at the bags, then back to me. "sure, but only because you'll probably end up hurting yourself doing the rest on your own" he chuckles before opening up the other bag.

i scoff. "are you actually worried about me? or do you just wanna help decorate?"

"both?" he responds, his back facing me.

"right" i say while roll my eyes, turning the volume back up on my speaker.

as i grab the next decoration, i notice asher humming along to the song.

"i didn't know you liked one direction, big man" i smirk, causing him to stop humming.

"they're okay" he mumbles, clearing his throat.

he definitely mains zayn malik.

after a little while longer of decorating, we finally have everything up. and it looks bomb as fuck.

asher and i look at eachother with proud smiles, then exchange a high-five.

"surprisingly i'm not tired" i shrug.

asher nods. "same."

"you only did one bag" i deadpan, "i lost count at 8."

"okay, okay. so are you going to bed or staying up, chica?"

he starts collecting the bags as i decide. i'm not tired, so i probably won't actually go to sleep if i go to bed now. but i should get sleep before tomorrow.

"i'm probably gonna go to bed for the night. you?"

asher stands back up after getting all the bags and runs his fingers through his hair. "i was gonna stay up for a little while longer."

just a few more minutes wouldn't hurt.

"we can do one more thing then before i go to bed" i mention.