Memory Lane

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

I r i s

10th of November, 2024 at 0956 hours

🎶 Bad things, Machine Gun Kelly feat. Camila Cabello

It is all coming back. I've found pieces of my puzzle. My doubts about Victoria are gone. All she said to me was true. She protected me and I lied. I spat lies and broken promises in front of her face. I'm having regrets. She's everything to me. And I lost her. She will never forgive me for turning my back on her. I lost her. I lost the love of my life.

I took my phone and tried to dial her number but I can't reach her anymore. Of course, I can't, what am I thinking? Cellular devices aren't allowed in prison. She went from a PDL, formerly called inmate, to a prisoner real quick. "Maybe I should call her best friend, Red." I stood up, looking for Crimson Marasigan's card, but then I suddenly felt dizzy. At bumagsak nga ako. "W-what's this?" I'm having trouble standing up. "Ano 'to?"

I'm confused. Am I losing it? Is it possible that what happened in this house is replaying right before my eyes? Nababaliw na yata ako. I can see Victoria and I kissing in front of the door. "Oh, please, are they always horny?" Ito kasing si Tori, binuhat yung jowa niyang malandi tapos ipinahiga sa dining table. Ang saya, nakahain na ang hapunan niya. Fresh na fresh pa.

Because of this madness, I ran outside my house and saw myself once again, walking and holding hands with Victoria. "Gosh, what is happening?!" I really am stressed. I'm hallucinating. I can see things that are not really there. Ang imaginative self ko at ang pinakamamahal ko ay pumasok sa isang kotse. May lakad yata sila. Sa'n punta, mga 'te? Punyeta. I can see myself having sex with a fugitive inside a car. And guess what? I'm a freaking cop!

Scratching my head, I rushed back inside and sat on the couch. Hala, nasa tabi ko ang aking sarili, or whatever she is called, nakikipagharutan kay Tori. Ang malandi kong sarili ay nakaupo sa puson ni Victoria. Pwede naman akong umupo sa sahig, bakit sa ibabaw pa niya? "Get a room!" Ganito ba ako kalandi noon? Ah, oo nga pala, naaalala ko na rin kasi kung ano ang hitsura ko dati. Face reconstruction. Either way, panalong-panalo si Tori pagdating sa kajowaan.

Habang naghuhugas ako ng aking kamay sa lababo, bigla na namang lumitaw ang alala naming dalawa ni Victoria na nagluluto. Napaso yata ako. Teka, parang sinadya kong magpapaso, ha, para lang maharot ni Tori. "Wow, girl, para-paraan. Galing mo." Am I that lovey-dovey back then? Geez, I never thought I was like that before.

Pagsilip ko sa bintana, nakita ko na naman si Tori, nakahiga sa ilalim ng isang puno. Her hands are placed behind her head, and her body was resting on the lawn. So, we did have a simple and happy life like what is stated in the journal. Sadly, it ended sooner than we expected. If the journal was fake, then the memories, those sweet moments, and of course, the nonstop sex, will not appear in my mind. "How I wish it was this easy. I wish I could turn back time."

I was about to cry, but then, the moment I threw myself on the bed, a memory of my imprisoned girlfriend comes back to me. She walks toward me and placed a kiss on my forehead. She was looking down at me, and I was right there, stunned by her pretty face. When I tried to touch her, she disappeared into thin air. I was left crying.

I reopened the journal and continued reading.

[FLASHBACK STARTS]

"Tori, I will not tell you that it's my first time because it isn't. I know it's not your first time either, because of how wild you are when we have sex."