____

They went back to their usual ways which was refreshing. Until the day before their trip came. His father let him know that he would accompany him upon his return from work that would be earlier than usual. His mother insisted that Hinata should wear all the three kimonos she has bought for her on the meantime to decide what is better. Sasuke drop his face but the man said it was right. The Hyugas were known for their formality and their snobbish ways. Always coming with clothes more luxurious than a fighter should wear. She was now an Uchiha. Everyone should she how better she was now that she were theirs. It felt wrong to speak of her as she was an object that came to their possession but he agreed nevertheless.
When he returned and the door closed behind his mother, he heard something dragging on the wooden floor. A moment later the blue haired woman rushed into the living room.
"You're home early." She was sweaty, wearing a long white robe that came below her knees.
She saw behind him and realised they weren't alone.
"Welcome." She bowed. "I didn't know you would come. I would have prepared something."
"We are fine with whatever you have made for Sasuke." His father spoke and Hinata turned her eyes on him for help. He had failed his parents once more. He knew that Hinata had nothing prepared. She stopped cooking at some point in her first days in here as he was never home and he never ate.
"She has nothing prepared." Sasuke spoke.
"And what is she doing all day?"
"Don't worry dear."
His parents spoke at the same time.
"She was told to be prepare for our upcoming journey. It's more important than dinner."
Fugaku looked proud for the voice that echoed the room. He nodded and sat as if this was his house showing the chairs in front of him.
"I want two things for tomorrow. First to show them that our clan is stronger than ever. It is rumoured that Tsunade Senju is invited in the wedding. Watch her closely. Second, what happened that led to the union and what is there to gain."
Sasuke nodded. He knew the man pushed himself to seem strong that his son would accomplish all of the tasks that were asked. Yet he could see that in the corner of his mind there was a thought deep buried. Itachi would do more than he was asked.
"Okay. Enough with this. Let's get you prepared." His mother spoke cheerfully dragging Hinata along.
He sat and show all the beautiful dresses his mother had picked. The silk that screamed of its cost, the different variations of their traditional wear. All seemed awful on her. She could see it too, but she chose to smile on Mikoto's excitement. Maybe it was her body that didn't let the clothes look nice on her. It was ironic how the rest of her clan looked aristocratic in all their appearances.
His mother chose the one she liked more. It was time for them to go.
"We have to prepare for our trip."
Mikoto lost her cheerfulness.
"Okay Sasuke. Come by the house when you have time." She touched his cheek gently before they said their goodnights.
Hinata eyed the exchange and for a moment her lips parted only to be closed again when he returned her gaze.
"What do you think?" She said in a lighter tone, changing the direction of her gaze.
He looked at the vibrant red kimono, with different sets of flowers placed on it.
"You look awful."
Maybe his mistress would look nice on that.
The next day a girl came to help his wife prepare but she was quickly dismissed.
He heard a knock on his door and when he opened, she had her eyes on the floor.
"Can you help me?" She showed two strings of fabric on her hands.
He laughed internally of how shy she became upon certain things.
He took the strings out of her hands as he moved on her back. She took a breath when he pulled the fabric with more force than what she anticipated, causing her to take a step back in his direction. It was the closer they been since the day of the wedding. He sensed a scent coming from her exposed neck. She smelled like spring.
"Thank you." She bowed when he finished.
He took a look at her and realised why she sent the girl away. His stubborn woman had chose to wear a different outfit. It was a midnight black kimono with purple flowers that matched her hair. She had made a side braid which she decorated with little lavenders. She looked nic... Plain. She looked plain.
"I'm sorry. I just didn't feel like myself in..."
"I don't care either way. Let's go."