49. Pregnant Akshu: 1 (OS)

Hi!

As promised, starting with the Pregnant Akshu series. I am planning to post multiple one shots regarding different stages of her pregnancy. The OS will be complete in itself. I will move phase by phase.

DISCLAIMER: I have never been pregnant or noticed a pregnant person up close for long. My knowledge is limited with what I have read or noted from movies/books/surroundings. Do ignore if some details are not as adequate.

................

OS 1: What is wrong with Akshu?

................

Akshara Goenka sat in the management cabin of Akshara Dance Academy. She felt extremely hot. Setting the temperature as low as possible and the ceiling fan at its highest, she fanned her face using the file on the desk. The door opened and in walked her brother Kairav with the accounts file of the Academy.

Kairav: Akshu! Beta! Ye kya kiya hua hai? Lagta hai Udaipur se seedha Kashmir teleport ho gaya hoon?

Akshara: Kya hai bhaiya? Itni toh garmi hai?

Kairav: Garmi hai pr itni bhi nahi hai..

Akshara: Pta nahi...shyd maine thodi der pehle dance kiya tha na so shyd thoda hot feel ho raha hoga..

Kairav: Accha...chal remote de ab...

He set the temperature back to a normal setting. A while late Akshara got up and switched off the fan. Kairav looked up from the file and raised his brow.

Akshara: Hawa zyada lg rahi hai...

Kairav: Abhi thodi der pehle to garmi lg rahi thi..

Akshara: Garmi toh hai pr...itni speed me hawa nahi chahiye mujhe..

Kairav: Kya?

Akshara: Uff! Aap nahi samjhoge...mai bahar jaa rahi hoon..

Akshara left the cabin while Kairav muttered- 'isse kya ho gaya hai aaj?'

..............

Akshara reached her home after handling the work at the Academy. She was feeling irritated and sick at the same time. Maybe one was the reason for the other but she could not explain exactly how she was feeling. Manjiri saw her enter from the kitchen and called.

Manjiri: Akshu! Idhr aa...

Akshara went into the kitchen.

Manjiri: Kaisa raha tera din?

She asked handing her a glass of water.

Akshara: Thik tha maa...aap batao..

Manjiri: (smiles and looks down) mere din me kya hi alag hota hai...roz jaise hi tha...(shakes her head to remove the sad thoughts) Ye sb chod...tune aaj rocking day nahi kaha? Kya hua?

Akshara: Kuch nahi maa...bs thoda ew ew sa lg raha hai ..

Manjiri: kya?? (comes closer and feels her forehead) Bukhar to nahi hai....kahin bahar se kuch khaya na tune?

Akshara: Nahi maa...apne lunch pack kiya tha na...wahi bs...

Akshara said looking sideways. Manjiri squinted her eyes.

Manjiri: Aur?

Akshara: (sighed) Aur icecream....but bs ek...man kr gaya tha maa..

Manjiri: tu aur teri ice-cream!

Akshara: Accha maa...mai change krke aati hoon...

Manjiri: Nahi...tu aram kr..

AKshara: pr kaam?