'stupid plan'

Anissa's grin grows wider. "As you wish."

She turns and leaves the room.

(Unedited)

That was unusually easy, I think as I walk back into the room.

I suppose showing some resistance to them is effective. Most likely, because they have more important priorities to attend to, which is a good thing for me.

My eyes catch sight of something black that is lying on the large bed. I approach it to get a better look at what's on it. Really? Is that a black dress? I pick it up. I will never, ever wear a dress.

I'm surprised that it's not a short dress; it even has long sleeves. But the back is a bit more cut out.

The fabric feels soft and light, and I must admit that I'm getting a little hot in my current clothes.

Also, the thought of Dolion looking at me and touching me in these clothes makes me feel uncomfortable. I do feel the need to get rid of the feeling, but I can't just do what the Queen tells me to do.

"Not at all, Mavia." I say to myself as I fling the dress around the room.

Wearing dresses goes against my nature. I remember that's what I always told Mallory when she asked me to try on some of her dresses.

A sharp pain bores through my chest. I miss her very much.

I sigh and turn around to look at the front door.

I might have a chance to escape if I open the door quietly and act inconspicuously. The queen's guards are not allowed to harm me, so this could be my chance. I hesitate for a moment and try to hear any noises outside the room.

Silence.

The urge to just run to the door, open it quickly and get out of here as fast as I can is growing, but I have to control myself. I have to be careful and not draw attention to myself.

But what if I don't find the way to the exit quickly?

I inhale deeply to calm myself.

"I'll be fine." I exhale. I'll just try carefully.

If not now, when?

I tiptoe slowly towards the door and open it. I'm trying to look through the crack again, but all I see is black.

My heart slips into my pants as I open the door a little further.

"Well, well. Are we going on a little trip, Cupcake? Even though I ordered you to stay in your room." Dabria raises an eyebrow.

"I—I was only—"

"Silence." I take a step backwards into the room as the Queen approaches.

"I want to make something clear, because I think you're still not fully aware of your position." Her purring voice reverberates in my head, leaving an inexplicable impression on me.

"When I give orders, you obey me, or else there will be consequences."

"I-uh." I take a deep breath to calm myself.

"I think I can live with the consequences." I answer her, trying to keep my voice as steady as possible.

Dabria raises her eyebrows again.

"I've been informed that you don't want to clean yourself and change your clothes-"

"Yes," I've already told your guard that I won't take a shower and I won't wear a dress either," I interrupt her.