'Dabria and her Kingdom'

Now I am walking here, on unknown paths, not sure what will happen. Fortunately, Dolion has drawn me the way to the palace on a piece of paper.

Hopefully, tomorrow I will run unharmed into Mallory's arms again. What am I talking about? Of course, everything will be fine! Life will be damn good.

It's not long before I arrive in a vampire suburb. It is very different from what I had imagined. The vampires live exactly as the humans from the stories, which we have been told for generations.

Small houses with front gardens and children playing on the streets. I think this is a place for poorer vampires. It doesn't look luxurious, but plain and simple.

Nevertheless, there is a gloomy atmosphere, which makes me shiver. I am glad that the streets are empty, except for a few children. I take a deep breath and think of the forest to calm my nerves.

The children are playing with a ball on the streets. I walk past them as a girl tugs lightly at my uniform.

I startle for a moment and turn around, to see a little girl in front of me.

The other children bow and continue playing.

"Someday, I'll protect our queen just like you!" the little girl says proudly and shows me her fangs. "You seem so strong! Can you show us how fast you are?"

The girl stares at me with big sparkly eyes.

I bend down to the little girl and whisper in her ear. "I can't. I'm on a secret mission right now, but don't tell anyone. Maybe I'll come back another day and show you how fast I am. " I wink at her.

The girl nods and bows. I bow as well, which made the girl smile.

I walk on quickly so that no more questions come up.

Thank goodness it went well. It's a good thing it was just kids!

"Shit," I mumble to myself, why didn't we think of the speed and strength. I have to come up with an excuse, in case I have to demonstrate something like that.

I walk out of the suburb and enter the vampire city. This must be Darcadia. The heart of the kingdom.

This city looks much more luxurious. Large buildings stretch across the city. The buildings are built in such a way that you can see the palace without problems from the middle of the street on which I walk.

The streets are full of vampires, I am afraid of attracting attention, but most of them seem to be very busy and don't even glance at me. I spot a few enslaved humans among the vampires.

My attention is drawn to a lightly dressed blonde girl. She seems to be my age. Her gaze is lowered, her body overflowing with bruises and bites.

"Come on faster! Blood bag! Or should I suck you dry right here?!" Hisses a vampire at the girl, dragging her behind him.

But the girl is too weak and falls to the ground. He looks at her and grumbles, "Fuck this!"

The girl's owner goes to one of the subordinate vampires, who is lying on the side of the street.

He kicks him so that he wakes up.