'Helios'

Dabrias POV:

I shut the cell door and face the two of them. Something about the boy hugging Mavia bothers me.

"And you two are boyfriend and girlfriend?" I ask, pointing at them.

"What if we were?" he says, giving me a disrespectful look.

I don't like him. He will be the first to be killed. No, not by our gentle leeches. I will personally kill him. But first I have to hold back to find out why all the others couldn't smell that they are humans.

I turn my attention back to Mavia, who is still struggling to breathe. Humans are so weak and fragile, yet they think they own the world.

I'm about to leave the dungeon when Mavia manages to stand up.

"We are not," she clarifies, with a little disgust on her face.

I smirk at her response and make my way out of the dungeon. It almost seems like I'm relieved at her answer.

The entire dungeon is silent and listens to my steps. There is no screaming, no whispering, no crying, only the clicking sound of my shoes on the cold stone floor.

The corridor of the dungeon is long. I mean, I could leave it within a second, but it amuses me to look into the questioning and suffering faces of the prisoners. They are too frightened to make a sound or to move.

On my way out, I spot a guard and approach her.

"What is your name?" I ask.

The guard bows. "My name is Sylvia, your majesty."

"Tell me, Sylvia, who has been sent to capture the friends of my new human pet?" I make my way back to the palace.

"We've sent two guards on the mission. Their names are Lola and Cecilia." Sylvia is following me.

I nod. "Good, send them to my office immediately," I order as I enter my palace.

***

I'm sitting at my desk going over the plans for the next mission. There is only one camp left to attack since the others have all retreated.

I take a pen and start circling the location when I hear a knock on my office door.

"Come in!" I call out.

The massive wooden door opens immediately.

"Your Majesty, these are the two guards, Lola and Cecilia, as requested." Sylvia bows and exits the room.

"Your Majesty," the two guards bow at the same time.

"You wanted to see us," says one of the guards.

"That's right." I turn my attention to the two guards.

"Submit a detailed report of your last mission within two hours," I order.

"My Queen," Cecilia takes a step forward. "We have already written and submitted a report," she explains.

"Oh, have you?" My eyes widen and I lean back in my chair. My gaze never strays from Cecilia.