'As you wish'

The Queen looks at me but keeps her distance. I know she's trying not to make me uncomfortable by touching me. Which is surprisingly compassionate of her.

"I'll take you to the palace."

"Would you be comfortable with me carrying you? You're struggling to keep your balance." Dabria tilts her head slightly.

As my gaze shifts to her, she gives me a playful smirk. I'm curious as to what she's thinking. Could it be possible for her to be concerned?

No. It's probably just a twisted game that she's playing. She has this mischievous grin on her face, and that can't possibly signify anything good.

I'm beginning to feel dizzy. But before I can fall, the queen's long, cold fingers grab my waist and pull me in.

Shivers run down my spine as she gently lowers me to the ground and kneels to examine me.

The queen is on her knees! The realization causes my eyes to widen. Something is clearly wrong! Why is she behaving this way?

My breathing gets heavier. Are there any more human secrets or potential weapons that she wants to know about?

"Cupcake? Cupcake, listen to me." Her purring voice pulls me out of my thoughts.

My gaze meets hers.

"I asked you a question."

For a brief moment, my focus is solely on her silky tone.

Dabria raises an eyebrow, which causes me to agree immediately. I have no strength left to offer any resistance right now.

The Queen picks me up in bridal style. She puts one arm under my legs and the other supports my back. As Dabria strides out of the cell, she makes sure that I don't look at Dolion's lifeless body.

I'm trying to peer into the other cells, but within seconds we are standing in front of the palace.

I was already feeling dizzy, but now everything is spinning even faster.

"Until your cell is cleaned, I'll put you in one of the guest rooms." Dabria says, as the palace doors swing open.

She enters the palace, and before I can ask if we can go there at normal speed, she uses her vampire powers to get upstairs.

The Queen carefully puts me down. My head raises to see that we're now standing in front of a big white door.

"This will be your room."

When she unlocks the door, a large chamber is revealed. A big bed occupies the center of the room, and white veils run from ceiling to floor above it.

The queen's scent rises to my nose as she walks past me to enter the room.

It smells alluring to me somehow.

Her scent reminds me of a late-night stroll through the forest in the summer. Refreshing and peaceful, but also forbidden and mysterious.

It's as if something is attempting to entice me into her spell. It doesn't feel like the last time she manipulated me.

Dabria looks at me expectantly, which causes me to enter the room as well.

Great glass doors on one side of the bedroom lead onto a big balcony, decorated with various flowers.

I look to the right and my gaze is immediately drawn to a large window. The windowsill is spacious and decorated with dark red cushions on the sides.

I'm taken aback by the stunning scenery.

From here, you have a good view of the entire city. Further back, the houses blend into the forest's never-ending treetops. I can also spot the faint silhouette of the big greyhound mountains from here.