C29 Coming Home Early

"Iridessa,are you ready to go ?," Sirius asked his niece where she stood staring into the fireplace of House Gryffindor.

She turned to him and nodded mutely, her eyes brimming with tears.

Dumbledore was dead. Hogwarts was falling apart. Everything has just gone wrong. And the hardest of all, she couldn't save Dumbledore. She was there. Of course she was, but he'd done something to her and Harry and she couldn't move in time to save him.

She'd been powerless, helpless even.

Sirius moved to pull her into his arms, hugging her tightly. " Be brave , Niece. You are going to be alright."

She didn't say anything back, just leaned against him, her heart breaking inside of her.

Dumbledore had been someone near and dear to her. Like an old grandfather. Now he's gone . Just like that. Without warning.

" Let's go. Vega's waiting outside." He picked up her trunk that he'd  quickly shrunk to a small sized suitcase.

He lead her out of the common room, Vega already moving to take her from Sirius.

Many Hogwarts students were leaving with their parents. Many aren't staying for the funeral service that would be held next week. She would be one of them.

It wasn't her choice , but her father has decided that Sirius should take her home to Forks, Washington.

She haven't heard much of her family since Edward's visit. At first it had grated on her when she received only one letter a week.

She'd written to Alice about it and Alice had said that things were a bit hectic back home and that she shouldn't worry about it, that they'll write when they can.

Now she's going home and don't know what to expect.

" We'll be going by the Hogwarts Express. Many people are," Sirius told her ," Your Mum will be waiting for us on the other side of the barrier. I think Rosalie's going to be there too."

She bit her lower lip, saying nothing.

"I'm sorry, Iridessa. I have to stay for Harry's sake."

She nodded.

" Alrighty then, let's go."

The three of them walked down the hallway and then down many stairs ,and then they were there, outside the Castle where various carriages lined up with their weird skeletal flying horses in front of them.

Vega helped her in one and followed her with Sirius behind them.

She looked back at the Castle as the carriage moved away, her eyes on the highest tower.

That's where Harry kissed her and that's where tragedy struck.

" I'm not coming back here," she said , for the first time speaking since Dumbledore died. " This place is ...." She trailed off and shuddered. She should've listened to her father. Now it was too late.

" It's not all that bad, Iridessa. I had a great time here. But I understand. I'm sure your father will be sending you to Ilvermorny come next term ."

She didn't smile, as it wasn't really something she wanted. She wanted to be with her family. That's all that counted.

She moved closer to Vega, pressing her cheek to his shoulder, his arm wrapping around her immediately to comfort her.

Even though Vega are a Slytherin , it never stopped him to make friends with other houses. One such friend was Cedric Diggory, two years his senior , yet a great friend still.