C17 Year3 Part 3

She stood in a tent with the other champions, decked out in a Gryffindor tracksuit .

Nerves rushed through her because she didn't know what to do . Oh , she'd studied with Ginny and Luna , but it didn't help much .

Now that the hour has come for the first task....She sighed and moved closer to the other two Hogwarts champions .

They were making conversation about the Dragons that each of them would face .

She herself had pulled an unusual one out of the sack that held miniature models of the real thing .

The Dragon was very rare and hadn't been seen for over a thousand years .

The Dragon looked like a scaly lion , yellow and red , and reminded her also of those Chinese Dragons, that she saw on a Chinese New year celebration in Chinatown ,New York , when her and her family lived in that State and visited the Big Apple .

A very rare Dragon . Why would they bring a rare , almost extinct species to a bloody tournament ?.

A hand touched hers . She looked up and met Harry's emerald green eyes .

" I'm fine ," she said ," I just don't wanna get eaten". She  sounded much more American at that moment , accent wise .

You live with people with a different accent for years, it's bound to rub off and you'll start talking like them.

" We'll be here ,cheering you on ," Cedric said , giving her a dazzling smile .

That smile would've weakened any girl's knees . But she wasn't just any girl. She lived with inhumanly beautiful people every summer , which said it all  .

He was cute , though . Enough for her to see what the other girls - and boys - saw in him.

" I'll cheer you two on too . We're team Hogwarts ." She smiled and moved closer to Harry . He wrapped an arm around her shoulders .

They waited and Cedric was called up first .

She shivered and felt nerves rush through her as champion after champion walked out of the tent until it was only her and Harry left .

Her breathing quickened and her palms became sweaty as her anxiety rose .

" I can't do this ," she suddenly said ,letting out a shuddering breath ," I can't ."

Harry held tightly onto her , his eyes widened at the way she seemed to go from calm to ....

" Dessie , you have to calm down . It's almost my turn . I don't want to leave you like _"

" It's okay," a boy spoke up from the tent opening . That boy was Jasper and he'd come to check on his little sister . He could feel her anxiety from the stands  because he'd focused on her . " I'll stay here with her ".

A wave of calm washed over Iridessa and she looked up at her brother .

Her family had come for the first task .  All of them a worrying mess because they weren't with her like Esme .

" Thanks , Jazzy ," she said , moving to hug him .

He wrapped an arm around her , slowly stroking her hair , his hands gliding through the caramel curls .

Harry left a few moments later , having been called for his turn .

Iridessa waited with her brother , listening to the crowds go wild out there .

She wondered what was happening , but was too afraid to take a peek .

And then it was her turn and she felt afraid again , but only for a moment as she stepped  out of the tent , her eyes on the Dragon .