C26 Year5 Part1

" Are you sure of this , Iridessa?," Carlisle asked his daughter, scepticism in every part of his facial expression and his voice.

Iridessa had demanded to go back even if she missed part of the first term of the school year.

" Yes , Daddy. Hogwarts are where I want to go."

They were standing in King's Cross station, at the Wizarding World side of it.

Dumbledore asked to meet them there. He'd been fully prepared to lose one of his students to modernized Ilvermorny, but now ....now said student's coming back.

" If you feel in any way unsure , Iridessa , we won't hold it against you. You almost died. You have the right to be unsure about things."

Iridessa sighed. Her father clearly didn't want her to go back to the school she'd known for four years of her  life.

" I'll be fine , Daddy. I'll write as soon as I can , I promise."

He gave her a doubtful look. She hadn't written as much the previous year until Snape found a way to send her letters without Umbridge knowing.

" Alright," he said ," but if you really want to come home, don't hesitate to tell Dumbledore. Or Professor Snape."

" Daddy...., I'll be fine. Don't worry. "

He sighed. Of course she'd say not to worry, but he's a father, he'll always worry about her.

He looked up when a popping sound alerted him to the appearance of Dumbledore.

Dumbledore wasn't alone. With him was Professor McGonagall, head of Gryffindor house and Deputy Headmistress of Hogwarts.

" Ah , our apologies for being a little late . We had an incident with one of the Sixth Years blowing up a few cauldrons," Dumbledore greeted them," Miss Cullen, I am very happy to see you. You are well?"

Iridessa smiled." Yes, Professor Dumbledore, I am. Daddy accessed me himself. He's the best doctor out there. Hello , Professor McGonagall."

McGonagall smiled softly at the young girl.  She had been thrilled to hear that the girl woke up after being in a magical coma for more than two months.

" Good day ,Miss Cullen. You gave us all a fright."

Iridessa grimaced. Of course McGonagall would speak of her almost demise.

Dumbledore coughed and then proceeded to speak to Carlisle for a few moments before Iridessa's trunk were shrunk and she had to say goodbye to her father.

He looked like he was going to cry as he hugged her.

" Just please don't go on any more missions that involves you almost dying," he told her," and please don't hesitate to contact me if you want to come home. You'll be at Sirius's for Christmas."

" Okay, Daddy, I won't go on any weird missions and all that. Love you."

" Love you too, Little Missy."

There was one last hug and a kiss on her forehead before Dumbledore and McGonagall took her arms , disappearing with a quick twist on the spot.

Carlisle wiped his eyes clean of venom tears, whispered " Be safe," then activated a portkey that Sirius gave him. It took him straight to Grimauld Place.
              🖤💙🖤
Dear Everyone

Being back at Hogwarts feels quite normal.

Apart from the Aurors of course.

Security are being taken seriously.

Hermione was the first one to greet me when I walked into the Great Hall. She hugged me so tight I thought I was going to die.