That was when there was a knock on his door. He uttered a come-in. It was Priya.

"Bhai, am I disturbing you?"

"No. I have a few minutes to spare. What is it?'

Priya came in and she hesitated, "I was watching the news...that day you asked about bhabhi's ex...I just found something strange...um... never mind." She turned to go.

"Wait. What is it?"

Priya looked torn, "I know you both are having problems. I don't want to add on to it."

"Priya, what is it? Is something wrong?"

"I'll just show you."

Priya walked to his chair and she showed him an article. It was one of those articles from a minor news channel. But among the pictures were pictures of Sakshi. She was standing beside someone and his arm was around her waist. The next picture was of them looking at each other and smiling.

"That's Ashwin. Her ex."

"Huh." He shrugged casually. "She did say she would be in the news today. She looks good, no?"

A look passed Priya's face and he had never seen her like that. Then she nodded and smiled, "Yes she looks good."

Siddharth almost saw red. He was only human. Of course, he felt possessive of her. But he remembered all the rumors. They said she was a slut, she had slept with multiple men. The rumors were often so vulgar and cheap.

He had heard many boys in his school brag about their sexcapades with her. Even before their kiss, there were so many rumors circulating about her.

He felt ashamed knowing somewhere sometime even for a bit he had believed those lies about her. And even if the rumors were true, it didn't matter anymore to him.

He wasn't a saint either. He had a past of his own and it didn't reflect on his relationship with his wife in the present. He was ready to start anew with her once the D-Day was some

***
Sakshi slumped on her office chair. She held her head and took deep breaths calming her heart. She could feel the cool air on her skin because of sweating.

"Do you want some water?"

She opened her eyes and her vision was now clear. She nodded and took the bottle from him and gulped down the liquid.

"Thank you so much, Vikram." She said. She was so glad he had warded off that bastard. The moment he touched her she felt as if she had been stabbed.

"It is my duty, ma'am"

She rolled her eyes. "Just call me Sakshi. We have already seen enough of each other in situations which warrant first name basis."

He nodded and his ears were red. He knew she implied that day when he had caught her with Myra.

***

When Sakshi came back home, she immediately washed up. Her husband wasn't yet back. Maybe he was working overtime again. She decided to just peep at him once and went to his face. She knocked and there was no response. She knocked again and there was no response again. She clicked the door open and poked her head inside and saw the desk light was on.

He was on his chair but his head was tilted to his shoulder, his eyes closed. She tiptoed in slowly. His desk was littered with coffee mugs and she stacked them and placed them away from the papers he had spread out.

Then she walked across his desk and leaned her back to it and watched him. He looked exhausted. There were shadows under his eyes and his stubble was darker. She brushed her fingertips on his cheekbones and then the hair on his forehead. She leaned down and pressed kisses to the exposed side of his face.