Seventeen

Sakshi watched the taunt muscles of his back ripple as he beat the mixture in the bowl. It was 4 am in the morning and she had woken up hungry. They sneaked into the kitchen and Siddharth had promised to make her the most wonderful mug cakes ever.

She touched his back and dragged her fingers down the length. The man was like a magnet. She couldn't keep her hands off of him.

"What are you doing?" He half turned his head and she saw that there was a smile on his face.

Any other woman would've stopped touching him but Sakshi wasn't other women, she gripped his waist and then let him go standing beside him. "Trying to find your weakness."

"Come here." He said trailing his arm around her waist but she squeaked and danced away from him. She knew he intended to tickle her.

"How distrustful." He said. His lips were curved in a corner and she knew he was faking sourness.

"Is it done?"

"Almost. Here. Taste it." He said nudging the bowl towards her. She dipped a finger in the batter and tasted it. It tasted perfect.

"It's good." She nodded.

"Now let's wait for a bit."

Sakshi slipped up and sat on the counter. Her breath as he turn around and placed his palms on the counter, each to her sides.

"Now, you need anything, darling?" He asked with his mouth curved in a smile.  She loved it when he smiled.

"Why do you ask me that?"

"Hmm...what?"

"You always ask me what I need. Why?"

"Because you never ask me for things like other wives."

Sakshi couldn't say anything. Her stomach dropped and guilt tore through her chest. This was bad, she thought. She was playing a dangerous game that would tear apart their relationship. And after last night, she wondered if she could even manage to divorce him after all this was over. Maybe, he had been right, marriage was working well for them.

      The oven  beeped and he moved away from her to take out the cakes.  The room smelled delicious. She saw him place the cups on the counter. The smell of choclate and vanilla filled her nose and she pinched a small bit from the edge and put in in her mouth.

     "Oh that's delicious."

        ***

          "I'll clean up. You go take rest." He told her after they were done. Her belly full of warm coffee and cake, she was indeed feeling quite sleepy.

           When she came outside, she saw Myra descending the stairs,

          "Are you leaving so soon?" She didn't know why she didn't outright ignore her but maybe it was the high of last night and also the lesser part of her wanted to rub it in her face.

         "Yes." She said coldly.

    That was a boost to her ego. And she folded her hands and tilted her head.

         "That was very quick of you to accept defeat." Sakshi said to her.

         "So have you Sakshi."

          "What does that mean?" Her smile dropped.

          "You falling in love with a man who swore revenge on you is quite amusing."

         "What the hell? I am not falling in love with anyone."

          "I and Sid have been friends since school. The only thing that drove him to be on top of everything was you. Now, don't be naive enough to be flattered with that. Men are simple creatures, aren't they? When you make them angry they will try to dominate you using all of society's  vices and show you your place."