-30.0-

- Four Months Later -

The dark compound was lit by a few lights on the wall every couple meters. Being hidden underground prevented any natural light in but it was sufficient for keeping isolated. At the end of the long metal hallway, the short man with a lab coat tapped his foot anxiously next to a large mechanical door. He has checked his watch multiple times, worried about what was taking so long

The door opened and the scientist jumped in fear, turning to face the man on the other side.

Carlos narrowed his eyes angrily on the short man before walking in the hallway, with a quick pace in his step making the scientist run along beside him.

"Doctor Meyer, I hope you have good news for me this time." Carlos hissed out, marching down the dark hallway not bothering to look at the man beside him.

Doctor Meyer rushed to keep up beside him, standing a foot under Carlos and making his short legs having to move twice as fast to keep up.

"Y-yes, sir. She has shown signs of recovery." Doctor Meyer muttered aloud.

Carlos smiled wickedly, stopping at the door at the other end of the hallway. Using a fingerprint and eye scan to cause the door raised to reveal a busy hallway filled with Hydra agents. Carlos placed his hands behind his back smugly.

"Well, I think that is exceptional news." Carlos states glancing at the Doctor beside him. "Come, Doctor Meyer. I want to see how our newest recruit is doing through her recovery." He explained stepping into the hall and walking down towards the laboratory.

The doctor gulped nervously and ran to catch up to Carlos. "S-sir, there are a few things I should tell you first." Doctor Meyer admitted anxiously.

Carlos turned the corner in the hallway, the laboratory now in visible sight. "What about?" He asked glancing at the doctor.

"You see, sir. There were a few...complications." The doctor muttered nervously, jogging beside the deadly man.

"Complications?" Carlos repeated with irritation.

Doctor Meyer nodded and took a deep breath. "Sir, you must understand we found her when she was seconds away from death." The doctor tried to explain to defend the situation.

Carlos rolled his eyes stopping in front of the laboratory door. "Whatever you want to say, Doctor. You should spit it out soon." He warned with his hand on the doorknob threatening to open it.

The doctor's eyes widened, glancing between the man and the handle unsure how to tell him the truth of what lays behind the door. Annoyed from the doctor taking so long, Carlos huffed and opened the door stepping into the room.

All the scientists and doctors in the room froze to turn to the man walking in. But Carlos didn't bother them a glance, his gaze glaring at the metal tube in the middle of the room. Inside of the tube was a girl with brown hair and her eyes closed. Covering everything from the neck down was a spandex suit, consisting of white, purple, and black.

Carlos marched up to the tube furious seeing his experiment in a cryosleep. "DOCTOR!" He shouted angrily causing a female doctor to yelp and others to scurry away in fear. Doctor Meyer was frozen in place in front of the door, the blood leaving his face turning it to a sickly white. Carlos spun to face the doctor, fury etching his face. "Why is my recruit in cyrofreeze!?" He shouted angrily.

The doctors and scientists all looked to Doctor Meyer, with apologetic and hopeful looks. None of them wanted to explain to their boss why his most prized possession wasn't technically alive. Doctor Meyer glanced at the others for help but they all dropped their heads when making eye contact.

"W-well, sir. Like I said, she was seconds away from death when we found her..." Doctor Meyer muttered. Carlos huffed angrily and began marching over to the doctor. The doctor's eyes widened and quickly explained to prevent himself from death. "In order to keep her alive we had to put her into a cyrofreeze! By slowing down her system allowed us to figure out how to save her and follow her recovery carefully. This way, we will find any issues with her recovery immediately and fix them accordingly." The doctor explained.

Carlos narrowed his eyes and stopped in front of the doctor. "Four months ago, doctor, you told me she was healing. I don't have time to wait." He snapped annoyed. "What is your prediction to the length of her recovery?" Carlos asked carefully.

Doctor Meyer gulped fearful. "A-a year. Maybe two..." He muttered nervously.

Carlos gaze turned cold from the answer he was not wanting. In a swift motion, Carlos drew the gun from his waist and fired a shot between Doctor Meyer's eyes. The smoke steamed out of Carlo's gun as the doctor fell to the ground limp with blood dripping down his forehead.

Carlos scoffed and slid his gun back in his waist, annoyed from the waste of bullet he just used. "Listen up!" He announced loudly making everyone look at him in fear. He turned around to face all the frightened scientists and doctors with a smug smirk. "You lie to me about her health again and that is what happens." He explained referring to the dead doctor behind him while rolling up his sleeve to his elbow.  "Her recovery will take no longer than a year and due for the current delay from Doctor Meyer, I expect her mind to be wiped too."

A few doctors and scientists gasp or mumble their concerns.

One of them had a bit of confidence and spoke up. "Um, but sir?" A younger man raised his hand, provoking Carlos attention. "The brainwashing experiments had been destroyed after the Winter Solider experimentation failed." He muttered.

Carlos smirked, placing his hands behind his back. "Ah, that is partially true. The original brainwashing machine used on the Winter Solider is tucked away for safe keeping. Your job is to simply wake her up and I will get my men to do the rest." Carlos grinned evilly.

Carlos glanced at the frozen girl one last time before turning around and disappearing out of the room. Stepping over the dead body of the doctor and disappearing behind the door. The doctors all began rushing around not having a moment to waste. They had a year to wake her up otherwise they all would have the same fate as Doctor Meyer.

(Hey everyone ~ if you didn't notice yet, I will be making my own plot off of Infinity War. Don't worry, Jocelyn and Peter will still be the same age when Endgame comes. But I wanted Jocelyn to have a change to defeat her own personal battles to become stronger for Endgame. That also means there will be a few really short chapters. But it will all be related. Hope you all enjoy <3)

 Hope you all enjoy <3)