-19.0-

One week later:

"What kind of idiot voluntarily chooses vanilla?" Lucas asked disgustedly holding the door open at the ice cream parlour.

Jocelyn stepped out and glared at Lucas holding her vanilla ice cream cone in her grasp. "What kind of idiot likes mint ice cream? You might as well just get frozen toothpaste." Jocelyn retorted.

Lucas rolled his eyes and let go of the door, allowing it to close on it's own and followed Jocelyn down the sidewalk in Queens. 

"Frozen toothpaste would still be better than that flavour you call vanilla." Lucas teased with a grin, taking a lick from his cone.

Jocelyn chuckled and nudged Lucas playfully, resulting in his smile to grow. It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon and the two friends decided to go out for ice cream. After the jet crash a week ago, Jocelyn assumed she would never see Lucas again. But S.H.I.E.L.D. had taken him off witness protection now that Owen and Anna were locked up, allowing him to continue a normal life. S.H.I.E.L.D. had registered Lucas to Midtown to complete school and therefore causing a friendship to spark between the two teenagers.

Jocelyn and her friends had made up the following Monday after Homecoming. Gwen sobbed sadly, begging for her forgiveness and Jocelyn accepted it happily. Now, the four friends were closer than ever and even added a new addition to their group.

Lucas fitted in perfectly. Dave and Ellie became fond with him after the first time they met, when he offered to help cook dinner and help Ellie with her flute practice. Ellie began teasing Jocelyn that Lucas was 'boyfriend material' and fawned over the green-eyed boy frequently but Jocelyn keeps having to explain that they were just friends.

"Have you heard from Happy recently?" Lucas asked curiously glancing to the shorter girl beside him. Jocelyn's hair was clipped back to reveal her giddy smile and bright eyes. The two stepped into a small park, carelessly walking around to waste time.

Jocelyn shook her head and licked her ice cream cone. "Not since Tuesday. When he texted me to check my bed for a suit, curtesy of Tony Stark." Jocelyn reminded and Lucas hummed remembering the memory. "Why? Have you?" Jocelyn looked over at Lucas.

"Yeah. Just about my living situation." Lucas stated with a shrug. "He told me that since Owen is locked up, the apartment next to yours was available." He implied, glancing at Jocelyn unsure how she would react.

Jocelyn's eyes widened and looked up with a hopeful expression. "You're moving in next door!?" She asked excitedly that her friend was moving in so close.

Lucas chuckled and nodded. "Looks like you are stuck with me, Flower." He stated with a smile, glancing at the girl walking beside him. 

Jocelyn smiled happily while licking her ice cream, making her appear as a little kid. Lucas stared at her and his smile widened seeing her reaction, relieved she was okay with it. He didn't exactly have many friends and enjoyed Jocelyn's company. He would hate to scare her off by doing something wrong, genuinely happy that Jocelyn was in his life.

A distant alarm sounded loudly and rang threw the park. The two teenagers froze from walking,  both have stopped enough crime in their lives to know that it was a bank alarm. Jocelyn huffed sadly and Lucas groaned annoyed.

"Will we have time?" Jocelyn asked Lucas.

He pulled up his wrist to read the clock. "It is 3:57. Gwen, MJ, and Harry don't arrive till 5 for the movie. We should have plenty of time to stop the crime and pick up snacks." He admitted and dropped his hand back to his side.