-14.0-

Today, Jocelyn learned a valuable lesson: Life was truly a bitch when it wanted to be. 

After rejecting Spiderman, Jocelyn didn't know what to do or where to do. She shut off her phone to ignore all of her friends texts. She didn't want to go home to put up a fake act or confide in her friends. She was alone.

But she didn't hate it. It brought her to a lonesome bench in the park allowing her to think of everything that happened that day and how screwed up her life is. Mainly the fact Peter rejected her and probably won't speak to her again, or her rejecting Spiderman and he probably won't speak to her again.

Other than her mom's death and the day One Direction broke up, this was the worst day ever. 

Screaming and shouting in the distance brought Jocelyn back to reality and shot up from the bench feeling her emotions get shoved down and her adrenaline begin to kick in. She could pity about her life later but someone else is in trouble. She glanced around trying to locate the direction of the shouting discovering it coming from the shoreline.

Jocelyn broke out into a sprint towards the screams, stumbling out of the park and into a crowd. All of the citizens were staring out towards the water and a few were filming it with their phones. Jocelyn ran through the crowd to get to the front and found what caught everyones attention.

A ferry was being attacked by a flying mechanical bird man, shooting lasers at someone aboard the ship. Seeing spiderwebs shoot back implied that Spiderman was the target aboard the ship. Jocelyn swore under her breath and without hesitation, flew off towards the boat wondering what trouble Spiderman was in now.

Jocelyn kept her eyes on the fight watching as Spiderman and the flying bird-man playing tug-a-war with the laser gun. The bird man lost his grip on the gun and it flew towards the boat. Bursts of lasers shot in the sky, making Jocelyn fly faster in fear.

The bird man didn't look worried that he lost his weapon, but he looked rather amused of Spiderman's actions and flew off towards to escape, unknowingly towards Jocelyn. Jocelyn threw a gust of wind in his direction catching him off guard and flew him back. He groaned annoyed and glared at the teenage hero, hovering in the air. Jocelyn flew towards him with anger in her eyes her hands clenched at her side ready to punch the villain and fight him in the air.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you!" The man shouted a warning to Jocelyn. Jocelyn narrowed her eyes confused getting closer to the masked man. "I think you have bigger problems to deal with."

And she did.

A bright light shot from the ferry boat and temporarily blinded Jocelyn, making her hover in the air and shielded her eyes. The bird man took that to his advantage and flew off while she was distracted. When Jocelyn opened her eyes, she saw the bird man was flying off and was ready to chase after him

But then she heard screaming. Jocelyn glanced back at the ferry seeing it beginning to sink, literally being cut down the middle. Her mouth opened partially in fear at the sight, hearing the guests aboard screaming for help. And without hesitation, Jocelyn began flying towards it.

Jocelyn was still far out that she wasn't sure she was going to make it. To her luck, she saw a red and blue figure jumping back and forth between the two sides of the boat to connect a web to each side. Finally arriving to the ferry, Jocelyn landed on the port of the boat to witness one of the webs snapping. She gasped when Spiderman lunged at it, grabbing it and held onto it tightly holding the boat together by a single web and his muscles.

Jocelyn watched in awe of the heroism. And she couldn't help but notice Spiderman's muscles, beginning to wonder if he always had those.

She shook herself from her thought knowing he couldn't stay that way. It would quite literally tear him apart. Closing her eyes and taking a deep breath, Jocelyn held out her two hands to form magic in each. White orbs of magic brewed in her hand and she turned her palms towards another, moving them closer together. The wind around the boat picked up and the boat began moving together once again.