Namjoon - Cancelled

I heard a knock on my door and jumped from the couch to answer it. Maybe it was Dae surprising me, and he really didn't cancel another date last minute. When I swung the door open, hope filling me, I was immediately let down when I saw it was just my neighbor down the hall.

Sighing, I greeted him. "Hey Namjoon."

"Don't sound so happy to see me." He teased, leaning against my door frame.

"Sorry." I breathed. "I thought you were someone else."

"Daesung?" He asked. I nodded and he scoffed. "Did he bail on you again?"

"He had to work late." I deadpanned, annoyed.

"That's a new one." He teased barging into my loft. "You'd think he'd come up with more creative excuses for how often he cancels plans with you."

"It's not an excuse." I said, shutting my door and following him into my kitchen.

"Sure it isn't. Just like, his sister was sick wasn't. Or when his car broke down, but he didn't want you to help him. Or when he got food poisoning, and what was the reason last week?"

My eyes were narrowed at the back of his head as he rummaged through my fridge pulling out the container of kimchi that he made me.

"I don't remember."

"Oh I do." He laughed, raising his hand and using air quotes. "'The vibe was off.'" Once he placed the container on the counter, he went back looking for whatever else he could find.

I stared of into space, leaning against my kitchen island. I didn't want to acknowledge it but Namjoon was right. Dae frequently cancelled plans on me, and they always seemed to be plance that required us to go out in public.

"When was the last time you actually hung out with him?" he asked, making my memory jog.

"Maybe over a week ago."

"What did you do?"

"He came over."

"And you let him fuck you."

Then I looked up really annoyed with him at this point, not wanting to deal with him.

"Can you please make a plate and leave. I really want to be alone right now."

He paused, looking at me, and his arrogant smirk fell from his face. "Sorry, I wasn't trying to make you feel bad. He's the bad guy not you."

"No." I sighed again. "It's for sure me." He took a bite of the noodles that were cooling. Normally his cute expression would have made me laugh. Namjoon always makes me laugh. But this time the reality of what seemed to be going on was hitting me pretty heavily.

"Huh?" he asked, taking another bite.

"It's nothing."

"No really, what is it?"

"Is it not obvious?" I asked him.

He stared at me, blank faced for such an intelligent human being.

"No?" He replied.

"Namjoon. Look at me." I gestured towards myself. "Deasung can do better than me, and he knows it. Every time he has cancelled plans on me, it was for when we had plans to go out and do something. In public. But he has never cancelled plans for when he would come over here. And he's never stayed the night."

Namjoon's expression turned from curious to confused. But it didn't take long for what I was saying to click with him, and his expression turning annoyed. "He would get his dick wet and leave?"