046

Dejah louis
••

"Dejah where you want me to put this box?" Nardo asks me and I point to the kitchen.

Me and Nardo picked the perfect house after three months of house hunting in Atlanta. It was a good neighborhood within a good distance from the City.

"So when you gone get Jordan and Malaya to go shopping?" I ask putting my purse on the counter and he shrugs.

"After I make this run. Ion want my babies around me doing that type of shit."

"Yea I know. Im glad you understand to separate that shit from Family." I hear knocking on the door.

"Yea?" I swing it open and See a Man. He is like 6"2 and brownskinned.

"Uhh, Welcome to the neighborhood. I saw you move in today so I just wanted to say Hi." He says and I nod.

"Nice to meet you, Im Dejah." I tell him and he nods smiling looking me up and down.

"Oh, Beautiful name I'm Judah." He smiles.

"Nice to meet you." I smile back and he licks his lips.

"Are you from out of town? You don't look like you from Atlanta." He asks and I nod smiling harder.

"Yea, we just moved from Jacksonville to here."

"That cool...So can I get your number? I would love to have a neighborly relationship."

"Sure." I nod and he passes me his phone and I type my number in putting my contact number as "Dej".

"Beautiful home, if you need any help I'll be here I'm right next door." He Takes his phone back and I get mines back.

"Uhh, she don't need no help." Nardo walks up behind me and Judah laughs.

"Nice to meet you." Judah reaches his hand out to Nardo and shakes his head no.

"Nah man." Nardo closes the door and I roll my eyes.

"He was being nice bae." I turn around to him and kiss him.

"Too Nice. Neighborly relationship my ass." He mugs me and I laugh.

"Bae, People in the suburbs be nice." I roll my eyes hearing noise from upstarts

"Ma!" Darren yells from upstairs making me follow his voice with nardo right behind me.

"Yea?" I walk into the playroom and see Jordan sitting on the floor with face red and her barely breathing.

"Shit." Nardo mumbles and he walks out.

"Its okay baby." I sit next to her holding her while nardo walks back in giving her the inhaler.

She gets a couple pumps and calms down.

"Its okay, just take it slow." I pack her back she cries on my lap.

"Jordan, Its okay." Nardos sits down with us making Malaya sit on his lap and Darren sitting next to me.

"Nigga just breath." Darren mugs her and I hit his leg.

"Darren go nigga yo ass aint helping." Nardo raises his voice and Darren mugs him getting up and walking out the door.

"Jordan?" I see that her heavy breathing came to a stop.

"Im okay mommy." She sniffles and Malaya rubs her back.

"Okay baby." I rock her in my lap.

"Nardo, I dont fucking know what got into him." I sight talking about Darren.

"He dont like me. Thats why he hatin on Jordan because Jordan not his blood."

"I dont know He dont act like that with nobody else." I rise my eyebrows.

"Mann, I promise you Dejah if he disrespects my daughters. Ima beat his ass or worse." He sighs rubbing Malayas back who was falling asleep.

"Dont hurt my son,"

"Dont hurt yo son? If yo son hurt my daughters he gone get it ten times worse. I don't give one fuck Dejah."

"So what you gone do? Punch him in his shit?" I ask and he nods.

"Yep, I dont care if he old enough to Cuss and Hit his sisters he old enough for me to blow his shit out. I'm not gone let no kid in this house act like that, Thats yo problem Dejah you let him do whatever." He gets up hold Malaya.

"Whatever." I roll my eyes rubbing Jordan's back.

••

"Hey, Ms. Jacky." I hug Serenity's mom as I walk into a brunch spot she invited me too.

Ms.Jacky been in my life since I was little. My mama returned everything She bought for me when I was pregnant with Darren.

She Probably invited me for serenity Birthday. Or Something for party planning in Jacksonville. She reaches out to me for Help with party stuff because Tayla Has Disrespected the whole family tree at this point.

"Hey Baby, You look so beautiful." She kisses my cheeks and I grin harder seeing Jonah Play the piano on the stage.

"Who You grinning at?" She asks making me focus back into reality.

"Nothing, Where Dior and Serenity?" I ask and She looks at her apple watch.

"They Carpooling so soon, You know them girls. They been knowing each other since tennis club at private school." She laughs and I grin refocusing on Judah.

I never thought of cheating. I stayed single and Dickless when me and Nardo was broken up. Up until we was Hooking up.

"I'm going to The bar for a drink, Do you want to come?" I ask ms.Jacky and she shakes her head.

"No thanks, I'll go wait in the car for our table." She walks out and I nod walking towards the Bar closer to Jonahs live music.

"Hey, Can I get a Lemonade with Henny?" I ask the Bartender and she smiles Nodding.

"Sure." She walks off making me look back over at Judah.

"Hey." He waves and I notice his set was over. I smile getting up Feeling a ding in my back pocket.

FAMILY👩‍👧‍👧

Sissy 💗🤞🏽: Sorry, Dior got morning sickness and Caleb aint here so this Sick lady keeping me here

Mama Jacky 😘: Okay, I will reschedule for Tomorrow Monday 9am.

Dejah: Okay Ms.Jacky....Sis Tell Dior to drink some hot peppermint tea. That helped with my morning sickness.

"Great Music, Frank ocean Piano is pretty good." I sit down on the barstool as he smiles at me talkimg.

"Yea, I get payed here on the weekends for my savings." He nods

"Oh, thats good." I stare into his eyes.