20

"Reiner I tried really hard not to think about the stereotypes of the popular white senior football player." You said as he stopped you.

"What are you talking about?" He asked as you didn't understand why you were so stressed.

"You bumped into me, cracked my phone, then talked to me, and continued to talk to me. I'm thankful for that. But I'm not interested in.. whatever this is." You said as you rolled your hands while describing him.

"That was an accident." He said as you looked away from Reiner.

"I drink when I'm stressed. I've had a shitty fucking day and I didn't know you'd be here." He said as he reached his arm forward to grab onto your hand, you retracting out of instinct.

"Don't touch me." You replied, not wanting to be touched by Reiner.

"I'm sorry." Reiner said as he put his hand on his head. "I'm so sorry." He repeated.

"I don't want this to ruin all the good memories we created." He said, allowing his emotions to flow. Drunk words are sober thoughts.

"I feel like a failure. Everyone I care about leaves me. I don't want you to be like the rest of them." He continued.

"You're not a failure." You said as Reiner shook his head.

"Yes I am. I plan on becoming a professional football player. I don't have the brains to become a doctor or something that actually matters." He said, covering his eyes as you gently grabbed his arm, moving them away from his face to see his puffy eyes were now filled with tears.

"But it's your passion. You don't need to be a doctor to be successful." You told him as he moved away from you.

"What would you do if your ex left you for someone else?" He asked as you looked him in the eyes.

"I got over him. My ex cheated on me, yknow. You're not the only person in the entire world that has these shitty situations put on you." You said, knowing that going through and not being able to get over a breakup hurts.

"What asshole would cheat on a girl like you?" He asked as you gave a straight face.

"A playboy kind of asshole." You responded.

"I would... beat the shit.. out of him for you." He said, getting a little tired after every sentence.

"I'd be glad if you did." You responded as Reiner kept closing his eyes.

"Can I... sleep... here, with you?" He asked as before you had time to respond, Reiners head tilted back and he rested on Porcos couch.

You sat there quietly.

Reiner was spread out over the couch, moving around uncomfortably.

You sat next to him, watching him rest.

You were mad he was doing this to himself, drinking away his feelings. But the other half of you felt bad.

You knew what it felt like to be left for someone else. That night, when you found out Jean cheated on you, you cried and cried, and must've eaten about five ice cream containers.

Reiner snored every so often as you heard footsteps run down the stairs, Bertholdt stopping, seeing Reiner sleeping and you next to him.

"Would you like to go home?" He whispered as you looked towards Reiner.

"Do you know what happened to him?" You asked as Bertholdt walked closer to the two of you.

"Porco told me everything. I'm sorry for bringing you here, you didn't want to see him like this." He whispered as he sat down beside you on the couch, away from Reiner.