18

'(Y/n)!' You opened the text from Historia, wondering why her of all people would be texting you on a Saturday morning.

'Yeah' you replied, getting up and taking the chord out of your phone because it was fully charged now.

'I've got terrible news!' She said before instantly double texting.

'The cheer signups went terribly! There's only 13 of us. There needs to be at least 15 people or else they'll cancel the team this year!' She seemed angered as you didn't know what that had to do with you. You felt bad, yeah, but what were you going to do?

'I'm sorry to hear that,' you replied, not knowing what to say.

'Can you please consider joining, or telling some of your friends to join?' She asked as you knew the only friends willing to join were Historia and her friends, who were on the team regardless.

'Ill think about it.' You replied, trying to brush it off. You knew you had to join a club, but you were already set on being Connie's soccer team's manager.

Cheer would be a lot of work.

'Thank you (y/n),' she replied before telling you she was going to go to dance class and that she'd talk to you later.

Well, now that you were awake and up, you'd have to start the day.

~

Both Saturday and Sunday went by way too quickly. Petra called you both days just to rant about how her Christmas was going.

You still had a week until Christmas Day, and then it would be New Years a week later. You had no idea what you would do on New Years.

You didn't want to spend it alone with your mother like you did the past three years.

You wanted to live life. Have fun. You were a senior for christs sake, you don't want to graduate having a shitty highschool experience.

~

Bertholdt texted you Tuesday morning. He told you he wanted to get together sometime before Christmas. You complied, telling him you'd like to hang out with him and made the date for this Thursday.

He told you it'd be him and a couple of friends hanging out at a friends house, and he'd drive you there.

He told you it was Porcos house, and Porco was aware you might come and was cool with it.

You still didn't know... if it was a bunch of people you knew you'd be fine, but were any other girls going? You appreciate the football guys being chill with you, but you didn't want them to think you were "one of the boys" or something. You weren't.

'I can pick you up and drop you off home so don't worry about having to be alone.' He reminded you as you sighed.

It wasn't fair. Bertholdt was so nice.

'Alright. Here's my address' you said, followed by a google maps location for him to track so he wouldn't get lost.

'You live right next to Reiner' he texted. How many times has the fact that you and Reiner live close together been brought up? Too many times to count.

'I do. You know the area then.' You said as Bertholdt replied with a smiley face emoji and a thumbs up emoji.

Thursday wasn't far away, and you had absolutely no idea what you were going to do... or wear.

It was weird, actually caring about what you wore while hanging out with new guy friends. It wasn't that you wanted to impress them, but you also didn't want them to think you were ugly. Validation is a real thing, and it feels good.