9

"Hey Bertholdt." You said as you finally had free time in English to talk.

"Hey." He replied as you sat next to him, nervous for some reason.

"Remember yesterday, I was asking about Reiner?" You asked as Bertholdt seemed kind of intrigued.

"Did you go and tell him I asked you about him?" You asked as Bertholdt shook his head.

"It was the other way around. He asked me about you." Bertholdt said as you lifted your eyebrow in confusion.

"Why did he want to know about me?" You asked as Bertholdt shrugged.

"Either he wants to pay you back for the phone, or he wants an excuse to talk to you." Bertholdt said blankly as you felt a pulse in to your stomach.

No way. Reiner, a hot football senior would not want to talk to you genuinely. He wanted something out of you.

"So were you involved in finding my instagram?" You asked as Bertholdt gave a nervous smile.

"Yeah, sorry." He said you pulled out your shattered phone.

"I didn't accept it because I didn't know why someone like him would want to follow me." You said as Bertholdt seemed confused.

"You're nice, you're new, and you're pretty. Why wouldn't he want to get to know you?" Bertholdt questioned.

"He's popular, he's sporty, he's handsome, and I'm just the new girl that can't even take care of a damn fake baby." You said as the baby, exactly on cue, decided to start crying.

Fucking damn it.

"I gotta shut this thing up. Hold on." You said as you shoved your phone on the desk, trusting Bertholdt to watch over it as you grabbed the baby and took it out of the class. This time, the baby just wanted to be rocked, so it wasn't long before it went quiet.

You went back to class, ignoring all of the people who looked back to see you walk in.

You sat down next to Bertholdt as he held onto your phone.

"I added my instagram, if you don't mind." Bertholdt said as you nodded. You didn't mind Bertholdt following your instagram. He wasn't a popular jock who was involved in drama for apparently being a fboy. Bertholdt was only friends with 'said' fboy.

"Yknow, if you want to get to know Reiner better, you can always just.... Talk to him?" He said the painfully obvious truth as you nodded.

"I don't really care about getting to know him or ... him in general. It's just something about him makes me... I don't know how to describe it." You said, knowing the feeling you felt was unexplainable. You couldn't describe it with words at all.

Bertholdt gave a blank face before narrowing his eyes.

Just what was he thinking?

You didn't have time to ask.

Historia was now standing up next to your desk with her hand on her hip.

"Hey (y/n), would you like to come out with me for lunch? Just you and I." She said as you were instantly stuck in your brain.

Sasha said Historia was a fake bitch, but she's been nothing but nice to you. And even if you were suspicious, she just asked to hang out alone. Which meant she wanted to create a bond.

Maybe Sasha won't mind for one day?

"Sure, where would you like to go?" You asked as Bertholdt looked concerned at you as you played right into Historias "trap".

"There's a Chinese place next to the school." She suggested as you nodded. You could go for some Chinese food.

The bell rang, and you were ready to go to lunch with Historia.

Bertholdt said bye as he left the class faster than you.

"Let me give the baby to Mina. I don't want to go out in public with this thing." You said before heading towards the cafeteria, heading to where you saw Mina sit during lunch before.

Sure enough, she was there again.

You placed the baby carriage on the table, as Mina looked at you carefully.

"Didn't get any sleep?" She asked as you pointed towards your tired eyes.

"Every blink I feel like I'm going to pass out. Please take care of it." You said as Mina nodded.

At least the baby wasn't your problem tonight.

"Bye." Mina said with a smile as you were too tired to make an expression. You waved instead, turning to Historia.

Historias group of friends watched as you and her walked out of the cafeteria together. Were they in on this plan? Whatever Historia had to say, you knew your self worth and you wouldn't be fooled.

You arrived with her at the Chinese takeout.

Historia ordered a small plate of sushi and you got some type of salad bowl. It had rice, broccoli, chicken, and beef. It was a small portion, but it was enough to fill you up.

"(Y/n), I'm sorry if you think anything of me already." Historia said as you looked up at her.

"I'm known as the popular girl. The whore, the skank. Any bad word you name it, I've been called it." She said before twirling her chopstick in her empty sushi package.

"But the last thing I want is for a nice girl like you to feed into those lies." She said as you raised your eyebrow.

"So why'd you call Sasha a pig?" You questioned as Historia looked down.

"It was freshman year. I've always been the popular blonde. But as a freshman, I was just saying things to be cool." She admitted as she continued.

"I liked Ymir. More than just a friend. And she was mean, insulted people and was very passive aggressive. So, I did the same in hopes of her liking me back." Historia said before looking at you in the eyes.

"So Ymir is technically the bad guy here?" You wondered out loud as Historia shook her head.

"No. We started dating, and I stopped playing the asshole card. But that reputation stayed, even though I grew." Historia said, clearly sounded sad.

"Have you ever said sorry to those people you've hurt?" You asked calmly as Historia looked up at you. That clearly meant no.

"So, how about you say sorry to those people? Their grudges won't go away until you prove you've changed." You suggested.

"But I have changed!" She protested as you placed your hand on the table.

"They don't know that yet." You replied as Historia stayed silent for the time being.

"Will I have to tell Ymir?" She asked as you shook your head.

"It's between you and the people who have a false view of who you are. Ymir has nothing to do with the solution." You replied as Historia put her hand on the table as well.

"I didn't even tell Ymir I was coming here. I told her I was going home for lunch. I love her so much, but she can become very possessive, and overprotective." She said as you put your hand on hers.

"I'm sure you love Ymir, just make sure your relationship is healthy, and you set boundaries!" You smiled, cheering Historia up as she smiled in return.

"Thanks a lot (y/n). I knew coming to you was a good idea." She said as you smiled. So all of the drama between Reiner, Sasha, Historia and the cheerleaders was all just a big misunderstanding.

You had missed so much of this schools past. You had no idea so much shit went down in freshman year.